Rear seat headrests and child seats - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Rear seat headrests and child seats

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 05-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #16
T-Rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05HemiQuadII
Jeff, when I fold my seats down the head rests stay flipped to the back when I raise the seat back up. Do yours also>?? That would seem to fix the deal.
Weird, in my 06, when I flip down the rear seats, the headrests flip to the front, giving me more floorspace.

Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L • Bells • Whistles
Mods: Tow Hooks • Mopar & 4xGuard Skid Plates & Rock Rails • Flowmaster 70 • 255/65R17 REVO's
T-Rated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2007, 06:53 AM   #17
HurriJeff
2013 WK 

That thread on jeepsunlimited is the way to go. That is the solution to this problem. You will have to notch the headrest support because it will not come out of the rear seat.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #10
Previous Jeeps:
1998 ZJ Special Edition 2wd- Traded
1991 XJ 2.8 2wd Sold
HurriJeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2007, 10:08 PM   #18
05HemiQuadII

Oooops, my bad.

I was wrong, they do flip forward. I guess I was thinking of my old Yukon. Sorry for the bad info.
05HemiQuadII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2007, 10:38 PM   #19
jcoxhome

Well, what I did was just remove the headrest and brought it in the house. I didn't see a need to 'mod' it since the child seat is there anyway and the child seat is staying there. And after the child seat is removed it's just going to have a booster seat put in its place anyway. When my son is old enough for riding without a child seat/booster seat (many yrs away so I doubt I'll still have the Jeep anyway), or sell/trade, I can just put the headrest back. Looks like the mod would be great for those who install/remove their child seats but like I said, mine stays put. Thanks to everyone for their help with this.
jcoxhome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2007, 06:52 AM   #20
HurriJeff
2013 WK 

jcoxhome,
Are there two steel rods sticking up from the rear seat ? Like right behind your child seat ? Yea.. I wasnt getting a warm fuzzy feeling about that.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #10
Previous Jeeps:
1998 ZJ Special Edition 2wd- Traded
1991 XJ 2.8 2wd Sold
HurriJeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2007, 01:03 PM   #21
surfdogs
2008 JK Wrangler 

With a Britax Marathoner in a Commander, you can recline the seat all the way, and it fits well. I had to work with the seat/recline combo to make it work well, but I was able to do it without removing the headrest.
surfdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2007, 01:41 PM   #22
jcoxhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurriJeff
jcoxhome,
Are there two steel rods sticking up from the rear seat ? Like right behind your child seat ? Yea.. I wasnt getting a warm fuzzy feeling about that.
Yep, sure are. I have the Britax Boulevard child seat and it's pretty tall so the 2 steel posts stick up above the back of the child seat about 3 inches. They are well above my son's head (about 1 foot) since the seat is so tall (it's so tall actually that I don't think the mod would even be enough room for me). I was actually thinking of what I could place over them. I was thinking maybe some finger puppets
jcoxhome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2007, 10:30 AM   #23
Crazypilotgal
2008 XK Commander 

Idea....

There is an excellent car seat message board on iVillage that is "manned" by lots of car seat techs. I'm sure they would have ideas for you and a way to have a tech check your install to be sure it's safe. I'm glad you're looking into this! I would have had this problem too if my youngest wasn't in a booster seat now!
Crazypilotgal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.