rear light bulb question (yes i searched) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > rear light bulb question (yes i searched)

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 06-24-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
jimwww
2001 TJ Wrangler 

rear light bulb question (yes i searched)

How do I change the rear right lightbulb? It does not look as though the rear interior panel comes off easily.. should I take the tail light out instead? and are those just plugs on the light that easily come off and on?

jimwww is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 10:22 PM   #2
robpp

you need to remove the 2 plastic rivets you can see hold the tail light in. you do that with a small flat screwdriver. lift out the middle part then the other piece. then you need to POP the light out of 2 socket ball things that are pointing to the front. . So you give it a moderate yank straight back to pop those out.
then you can get to the bulb socket.

sounds harder than it is, rather simple though!
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
robpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #3
jimwww
2001 TJ Wrangler 

got it - thanks.. lights worky now. :-)
jimwww is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.