Rear facing LED flood/light bar ideas - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Rear facing LED flood/light bar ideas

Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffSteering and more from Ruffstuff!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 10-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
bersh
2008 WK 

Rear facing LED flood/light bar ideas

I'm looking for ideas for mounting either a couple LED flood lights or light bar on the rear of my rig. I'm open to any suggestions. I have already installed LED projector bulbs in the reverse lights, looking for a lot more light than that.

Pics, links, etc all appreciated, thanks.

bersh is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
caulk04
2008 WK 

Couple flush mount duallys in the bumper cover?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-4-CREE-LE...05503a&vxp=mtr

Those would look great on the back of my Jeep...
Unread 10-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
bersh
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
Couple flush mount duallys in the bumper cover?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-4-CREE-LE...05503a&vxp=mtr

Those would look great on the back of my Jeep...
That's an option for sure.

Upon thinking about it, one thing that has me wondering though is the plastic shroud on our bumpers and if it might hose things up.
Unread 10-26-2014, 09:22 AM   #4
bersh
2008 WK 

Anyone else have pics, ideas, etc?
Unread 10-26-2014, 11:11 AM   #5
Anon155
2005 WK 

I have 2 Rigid Dually D2's in the diffused pattern on the back of my Rola. Sure makes it nice when backing up in a dark place, or hooking up a trailer or boat at night. I have pics in my build thread if interested. 4xguard also makes aux reverse light mounts now, you may want to check them out, nice idea for those without a roof rack. Here's a link: 4xGuard Aux Reverse Light Mounts
05 Jeep Grand Cherokee: ORT 4X4; Khaki #55
Too many mod's to list...
Anon155 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2014, 04:29 PM   #6
bersh
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon155 View Post
I have 2 Rigid Dually D2's in the diffused pattern on the back of my Rola. Sure makes it nice when backing up in a dark place, or hooking up a trailer or boat at night. I have pics in my build thread if interested. 4xguard also makes aux reverse light mounts now, you may want to check them out, nice idea for those without a roof rack. Here's a link: 4xGuard Aux Reverse Light Mounts
Those mounts look pretty slick, might have to try them out. I'd prefer to mount up high as anything bumper level or below tend to get beaten up during our long winters.
Unread 10-26-2014, 07:03 PM   #7
punisher65

2006 WK 

I saw someone on here install some flush mount Rigids on either side of the license plate in the rear. Looked pretty good to me
BT Catch Can, TB ground, Cree LED Reverse Lights, Interior LED upgrade

WK Build Thread

1993 4.0 ZJ
BB and 31" Bighorns SOLD :(
punisher65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2014, 04:36 AM   #8
ggrassmid

I'm wanting to get the 4xG mounts and want to rig up a relay so I dont have to flip a switch when I go into reverse, they auto come on when I go into reverse. I'm lazy like that.
ggrassmid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #9
bersh
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrassmid View Post
I'm wanting to get the 4xG mounts and want to rig up a relay so I dont have to flip a switch when I go into reverse, they auto come on when I go into reverse. I'm lazy like that.
This would be pretty easy to do using the feeds from the trailer harness. The hardest part will be to weatherproof the relay, or to find a good spot inside to tuck it in.
Unread 10-30-2014, 09:18 PM   #10
TangoTango
2008 WK 

I have an 08 and mounted (2) chree LED's off the rack. Can be wired auto on when in reverse or manual on switch. Lights up nice and the LED's were like $30 but they are a quality light. If you want I'll post a pic. Used Mopar switches and the relay is mounted under the dash.
Black WK Club #147
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2014, 09:28 PM   #11
bersh
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoTango View Post
I have an 08 and mounted (2) chree LED's off the rack. Can be wired auto on when in reverse or manual on switch. Lights up nice and the LED's were like $30 but they are a quality light. If you want I'll post a pic. Used Mopar switches and the relay is mounted under the dash.
If you could post pics that would be great.
Unread 11-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #12
TangoTango
2008 WK 

done.
Black WK Club #147
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.