Rear-Ended New bumper price??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Rear-Ended New bumper price???

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-21-2007, 08:15 PM   #1
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Rear-Ended New bumper price???

Well im siting at a light to do and this guy is behind me. All the sudden he descides to let of the brakes and run into me. the cops had to come and they are so happy to talk to you and they take forever to get there. The guy that hit me couldnt stop shakeing and he was freaking out. Then he says, "the last time i re ended someone..." Im like WTF how many times have you done this. I didnt give him a hard time becuase i re ended someone last fall and i know how it is. Oh and the best part was, he is a insurance sales man and didnt have a up to date proof of insurance. It didnt do to much damage, and it doesnt even look very bad after i washed it, but it still has to be fixed. (leased) Here are some pics.

anyone work at a body shop or had to replace this part that could tell me about how much it will be to replace. (paint labor and all) Im thinking we have a 750 deductable(sp?) so i dont even know if its worth claiming it.

Oh and its my moms car so see isnt to happy, but at least it wasnt my fault so she cant really blame me.
Oh and here is a full pic of the jeep just because

Last edited by Arcticcat843; 05-06-2007 at 08:35 AM..
Arcticcat843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
Crookster777
2010 WK 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...06186362QQrdZ1

I saw this on ebay.

HEMI Club Member #1
If you have a Hemi please join: http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506901
NightCrew #127
Crookster777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2007, 07:11 AM   #3
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

that seems like a good deal, but it looks like the darker color red, ours is really light as you can see in the bumper pics, the full jeep pic is in good light. Also that one has holes for back up sensors which ours doesnt have so...not going to work. But maybe somene has went though this and would know a price to have a body shop replace the whole thing painted and all???
Unread 04-23-2007, 12:24 PM   #4
JWLJeep

Does your local Jeep dealer or another dealer have a reconditioning shop? I scraped my bumper against my garage on the driver's side. It gouged it pretty good and scraped the metal where the plastic bumper meets. A body shop quoted my over $800.00. The reconditioning dept. at my dealer did it for $300 total and 8 months later it still looks great. They dropped the bumper and sanded down the rough edges...used some bondo probably and repainted it. I was thrilled with the result, especially since I did it 10 days after buying mine new. You shouldn't have to buy a whole new bumper. But, it all depends on what people in your area are willing to do.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 5.7L Hemi in Bright Silver

Bloomington-Normal, IL
JWLJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 06:40 PM   #5
HurriJeff
2005 WK 

This is the reason I allways keep a hitch and ball in my reciever. People seem to see it and resist the temptation to give me a nudge
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #10
Previous Jeeps:
1998 ZJ Special Edition 2wd- Traded
1991 XJ 2.8 2wd Sold
HurriJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 07:09 PM   #6
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

well we went to the body shop today. He didint say how much the repair was going to be but we have to pay a 550 dallor deductable/ But...heres the good part.....we can probaly get the insurance company of the guy who hit us to pay 500 of it. Accully i dont think they have a choice. We have alot of wierd laws dealing with insurance here in MI
Unread 04-26-2007, 07:11 PM   #7
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurriJeff
This is the reason I allways keep a hitch and ball in my reciever. People seem to see it and resist the temptation to give me a nudge
no hitch, so i guess that wouldnt help us to much.

The funny part is, if i would have been driving my XJ my hitch would have dug right into the hood on his minivan and it problay wouldnt even have hurt my jeep at all.
Unread 04-26-2007, 07:13 PM   #8
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWLJeep
Does your local Jeep dealer or another dealer have a reconditioning shop? I scraped my bumper against my garage on the driver's side. It gouged it pretty good and scraped the metal where the plastic bumper meets. A body shop quoted my over $800.00. The reconditioning dept. at my dealer did it for $300 total and 8 months later it still looks great. They dropped the bumper and sanded down the rough edges...used some bondo probably and repainted it. I was thrilled with the result, especially since I did it 10 days after buying mine new. You shouldn't have to buy a whole new bumper. But, it all depends on what people in your area are willing to do.
They said we needed a bumper cover and the plastic peices that hold it were it needs to be. That is accualy why it broke, if the brace wouldnt have been there it wouldnt have done nothin but scratched it.
Unread 05-06-2007, 08:30 AM   #9
Jeepconvert

File a claim. Your insurance will file a mini tort against the other guy to get $400, and they might cover the rest, being that he is at fault. FYI, it's "rear ended", and "bumper."
Unread 05-06-2007, 08:34 AM   #10
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepconvert
File a claim. Your insurance will file a mini tort against the other guy to get $400, and they might cover the rest, being that he is at fault. FYI, it's "rear ended", and "bumper."
LOL wow i didnt even notice that. ooops

Anyway...We filed a claim and we have to kinda sue the guy, that way we can get 500 back. ours deductable is 550 so we will only have to pay 50 bucks. Not to bad

Right now we are waiting for the body shop to get a new bumper ordered and painted and then they are going to call us and they said it should only take a day or so.
Unread 05-06-2007, 08:36 AM   #11
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

well, i tried to fix it but it wont let me edit the title...But i think everyone knew what i was saying

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.