Rear Bumper Fascia - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Rear Bumper Fascia

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 09-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
ItalianJeeper77
2008 WK 

Rear Bumper Fascia

Has anyone tried to take off their rear bumper fascia on a 2005 or higher GC??

I want to take it off and cut it up to install a hitch on it and i like the look of it when it comes thru the bumper (like from the factory) I tried to do it today and took off the clips on the bottom, the two screws that are by the tailgate door and taillights. I even cut the clips in the wheel wells and the thing will not budge. is there some trick to it? I have taken off my front bumper a million times and for some reason i am stumped on the back one.

thanx

-Mike

"The proper water entry and travel speed is 5mph"

BLACK JEEP SOCIETY MEMBER
ItalianJeeper77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
CEPCNC
2005 WK 

hey, there should be no reason to take the bumper off and cut on it for a hitch/receiver. If you lay on your back under the rear of the vehicle you will see a faint perforated outline of the area to be taken out. Just carefully score that line with a utility knife a few times and it will come off. Everything to set a hitch up is already there. Only thing you need is the hitch itself. Good luck!
CEPCNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2007, 10:39 PM   #3
Scottina06
2006 WK 

there are two nuts yuo have to take off as well on each corner of the bumper up inside the fender well. Crawl under one side and feel up in the corner of the bumper...you will feel the nuts.(hahahahaha)
Scottina06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
gornoman
2006 WK 

You need to remove the fascia to install the hitch. There are many attachment methods used on the same piece of plastic. If you need a breakdown I can scan it and email it. I switched-out my Class II for a Class III and the instructions included a nice illustration.
Blue WK Club Member #15
My other passion - WWW.buggiesgonewild.com
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 07:21 AM   #5
RichP
2011 WK 

http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82208986.pdf
RichP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #6
ItalianJeeper77
2008 WK 

i am going to take another peek at it this weekend because this week has been hell haha.

so i just have to lift up her skirt and check under it?

i swear i looked and i didnt see a outline or the nuts on the sides under the wheel well. does anyone have any pics? i will take some of mine and post them when i get a second. thank you. oh and the link to the PDF didnt work for some reason.

"The proper water entry and travel speed is 5mph"

BLACK JEEP SOCIETY MEMBER
ItalianJeeper77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 07:35 PM   #7
goose1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottina06
there are two nuts yuo have to take off as well on each corner of the bumper up inside the fender well. Crawl under one side and feel up in the corner of the bumper...you will feel the nuts.(hahahahaha)
you said nuts

2008 Jeep Patriot Sporkt (MK) 26E
2.4L, CVVTII, 2WD, Black Exterior, Dark Gray Interior
goose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 08:52 PM   #8
gornoman
2006 WK 

The link to the PDF file worked fine for me. Great PDF too! Much more complete than the single page copy included with my factory hitch upgrade.

Cut the 6 wheel arch rivets from behind and pay $3.40 ea for the new ones. Or replace them with suitable rivets from Home Depot. The rest of the pins are re-useable, there are 2 nuts as you know, and there are 2 friction pins that you just need to find and pull apart gently so you don't break them.
Blue WK Club Member #15
My other passion - WWW.buggiesgonewild.com
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.