The Reaper: Build Thread......KillaJeep4569 - JeepForum.com

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 77 Old 04-24-2016, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Garage
The Reaper: Build Thread......KillaJeep4569

Hey guys, whats going on. Yes I see some do not like me here, and yes I know I can be bad with words. I do apologize for it, and it is not me. I would give you the tires off my truck to get you home if need be. I do apologize, and Im just here to learn and help as much as I can.

So as you all know I wanted to do a Engine swap in my WK, wellll a few days of talks, and thinking. I decided to Buy a 5.7L Hemi WK instead and Going to fix and sell my 3.7L

So the other day went to my dealership who I like and they always have jeeps. Looked at one, and was a 05 with 104k Standard WK Hemi with no Nav, No BA System, no two tone leather, NO Coolant in res or Rad, and it wasw Uber dirty mucked, and it had NO oil. etc... that was 10k. Then we go in back they have this other Jeep sitting on 3 10psi tires and 1 full, and a mexi working on the bumper of the truck. I open the hood, and it is a Hemi. Very clean check everything there, all good started it nice, souned good, no smoke anywhere. Only issue I saw was Driver seat SHOT! and the Bumper, but he was putting a New one and already Painted.

Could not drive it as they were working on it, so I will do that Tuesday when I go pick her up. 2006 WK Trail Rated And Overland Edition, with all the kicks and bells. It has 148K and he says 7995. IM like WTF? So I lo0ok under the truck, and made sure all was good. THen we talked and I got it!!

Walked out the door with me wife and a new truck!!!! So this will be the start of The Reaper!!! BlackAssassins Brother! Say goodbye to the assasin and hello Reaper!

This Build Is gunna be great. And if you guys want help, need me to post pics of anything while I am doing the build let me know.

One truck is going back to stock, and the other with a Modified OME lift kit. SO if you need pix of anything let me know. Thanks guys and I do apologize again.

Attached Images

Bchain5 likes this.

WWW.FINALTECHREPAIR.COM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 Old 04-24-2016, 07:30 PM
Hendrix9
2007 WK 

Congrats on the new rig! Looks pretty clean.

2007 CRD QDII
2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6MT - hoping it gets bought back!
2004 QD 4.7 GC- lawn ornament waiting for some TLC
post #3 of 77 Old 04-24-2016, 09:53 PM
JakeWK
Got Lock?

2005 WK 

I would just swap everything i could over from your old rig onto the 5.7 and see the ole 3.7 as stock as possible. Is that your plan?

What are your plans for the extra hemi motor you have?

Welcome to the HEMI world, don't forget that oil catch can!

05 WK HEMI

JakeWK Build Thread
USN Jeep Club
CentralCaL 4X4
Colorado 4X4
post #4 of 77 Old 04-26-2016, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeWK View Post
I would just swap everything i could over from your old rig onto the 5.7 and see the ole 3.7 as stock as possible. Is that your plan?

What are your plans for the extra hemi motor you have?

Welcome to the HEMI world, don't forget that oil catch can!

Correct sir, I was going to Sell the 3.7 with the lift, but the SL is another 2k which I dont have so OME Modified back on. And then back to stock the 3.7 goes with some other engine mods, and performance mods.

The other Hemi I didnt purchase

And thanks for welcoming me, Cannot wait.

Who do you recommend for a Catch Can?

WWW.FINALTECHREPAIR.COM
post #5 of 77 Old 04-27-2016, 11:16 AM
JakeWK
Got Lock?

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaJeep4569 View Post

Who do you recommend for a Catch Can?

Easily Billet Tech. Here is a thread link to all the Catch can questions you might have

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/b...oblem-3527906/

05 WK HEMI

JakeWK Build Thread
USN Jeep Club
CentralCaL 4X4
Colorado 4X4
post #6 of 77 Old 04-30-2016, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Garage
4-30-16 First Day Of Swappage....

Hey Peeps, Well Today Had some time after My side work with Old Mechanic. Worked a full day with him for some moula. Then I did some swappage over to the New Jeep.

Today was Take Off What was Easy, and Put it on the New Girl.

-- Fog Light Housing and Bulbs

-- Rear Trunk Glass ( Wanted to Keep all My decals )

-- Front and Rear Audio Comp Sets

-- Front Blacked Out Grill ( Also Repainted the Mesh )

-- Steering Wheel Cover

-- Pioneer NEX4100 Deck

-- Optima Red Top Battery

-- Brand New Air Filter ( musta Original Filter, weighed about 20 lbs )

-- Heavy Duty Floor Mats

WWW.FINALTECHREPAIR.COM
post #7 of 77 Old 04-30-2016, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Garage
Had a little missap at work thursday and was working with this pre apprentice early am. And got me a nice Cut.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2146.jpg   IMG_2145.jpg  

WWW.FINALTECHREPAIR.COM
post #8 of 77 Old 05-05-2016, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Garage
5-3-16

Hey guys whats up. Well She went back to the Dealership for repairs. I had paid some stupid fee called " shop fee " he explained to me what it was before I signed. so when I finally got to drive the jeep she was like driving a bouncy ball.

I gave them a list of issues the truck had. So today I gave a call to see what was up and how they were doing. Guy said that they lost my key to the jeep. The kid who I spoke to and gave my list and key to was in a car accident, and said he put the key on the board, etc... youknow a story. But we all know why he gave the story

So I sounded upset, didnt get mad, didnt flip out. just gave him the puppy dog. He knew wat was up then, and said he would fix all. It will be a nice penny what he has to fix.

When I opened the hood, you can see that one fuse box, closest to battery was Brand new. And the sad part was fuses, and Relays were missing. And some of the Missing Relays, the Parts or accessories still worked, with the Relays Missing. Hmmm???

So I await some more, till they Un fix what they, threw together. But It is Ok cuz this truck will pretty much be new, When I am finished with her.

WWW.FINALTECHREPAIR.COM
post #9 of 77 Old 05-07-2016, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Garage
5-7-16

Found a Cool looking shift Knob at Wally World. As the Truck is still and the dealer for repairs that I found from him. Cant install her just yet but here is a Pic of the Sexy.

I also have a 2011 Stock Authentic Jeep Shift Knob if anyone is interested.

img_2174.jpg

WWW.FINALTECHREPAIR.COM
post #10 of 77 Old 05-19-2016, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Garage
5-19-2016

UPDATES:

Truck was in and out of the Private Dealer. Got Some Stuff Replaced and Had some Headaches with Him. Also Brought it to my local Mechanic to Get some Backup Paper work on the truck and all.

So This is what I Have Replaced Up Front

-- New Outer Tie Rods

-- New Hub/Bearing Assm

-- New Cv Axles

-- New Lower Control Arm ( Driver side )

-- New Lower Control Arm Bushing ( Pass Side )

-- New Lower Ball Joints

-- New Factory Bolts and Nuts

-- All MOOG Parts --

So as You all know The Damn Dreaded Clevis Bolt. Siezed as usual.
I called Up a buddy and we spoke and he gave me some more insight on it. I went ahead and tackled the project again.

As I got to Where I wanted to remove the Hub it was sooooo siezed to the Cv Shaft that as I hammered on it, the CV axle Came right out the Diff. I was like holy ****. Same thing on the other side. My God these were never replaced in 10 years. I think everything is original On this truck.

I removed the LCA with the Clevis Fork Attached and the Knuckle with CV axle. I Cut the CV axle In half to remove the Knuckle, and the damn Hub that was siezed I mean siezed to the CV axle. Did this to both sides.

Now I had easy access to this stupid Bolt and the Bushing. The Driver side, I already Had a New LCA so I just wanted the Fork. So I Just Melted away the Bushing with a Propane tank with torch head. this did Not work, and I then Hit the Bolt with a hammer and still it didnt budge. Even with the Impact, it wouldnt turn.

I then Took the Torch, and Placed it on the HEAD of the Bolt. Left it there till I saw the metal turn Blue. And then Hit it with the Impact, Back and forth .Foward/Reverse. And it Finally Broke Lose. But it still wouldnt Come out. SO I had hit it far out enough and cut the Bolt and then used a Punch and then hammered it back thru the opposite way and it came right out.

And Finally I figured out how to crack loose these Bolts so I can finally do them in side the truck. I toook some pix, hopefully this will help others.

Then I used a Metal Wired Brush in my Drill and my Bench Grinder to Remove all the Surface rust on the parts. To I saw Nice Clean Bare metal. Then I said ehhhh F it and Painted all the Parts New. I used Dupli Colors Bed Liner. Since I knew it was Great stuff and lasts well.

These all loook like they are new and came like they should. I am leaving them to Cure over night and will finish the truck in the AM.

WWW.FINALTECHREPAIR.COM
post #11 of 77 Old 05-19-2016, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Garage
Here are the Photos I took so far on the work Ive Done on the New Baby.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2289.jpg   IMG_2290.jpg   IMG_2291.jpg   IMG_2293.jpg   IMG_2295.jpg  

WWW.FINALTECHREPAIR.COM
post #12 of 77 Old 05-19-2016, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Garage
Here are some more Pix
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2298.jpg   IMG_2300.jpg   IMG_2301.jpg  

WWW.FINALTECHREPAIR.COM
post #13 of 77 Old 05-19-2016, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Garage
and some more
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2306.jpg   IMG_2307.jpg  

WWW.FINALTECHREPAIR.COM
post #14 of 77 Old 05-19-2016, 04:36 PM
Dusty96XJ
2008 WK 

Garage
Saw these on the facebook page, funny I happen to see it here now! But looks good now that you got the old out of there, look into Caseys youtube channel on the wk page. He did some rust prevention on his jeep, might be something to consider looking at some of these pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaJeep4569 View Post
Here are some more Pix

08 3.7 / 2" RC / Bilstein 5100 Struts / Monroe LL's / Hypertech 2.0 / 285/70/17's on Moabs
post #15 of 77 Old 05-19-2016, 06:08 PM
Sneaky2Toes
2005 WK 

I have a similar project waiting for me when I get back to the States. I am replacing the following:

Inner/outter tie rods
Lower ball joints
Front wheel hubs
all 3 bushings on the lower control arm

How hard was it to remove the old bushing from the control arm? Where you able to use a ball joint press to get the new bushings in?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.