Raybestos Professional Series suspension? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Raybestos Professional Series suspension?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 04-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #1
unobtanium
2010 WK 

Raybestos Professional Series suspension?

I need to replace the lower control arms on my Jeep. The MOPAR control arms are $350 (each), and the Raybestos Professional Series are $120 (each).

MOPAR=12/12 warranty if done at the dealer.
Raybestos=24/24 warranty if done anywhere "professionally".

The factory Mopar's took a dump on me at 4 years/70K miles (likely were going out far sooner).

Does NOT make me want to pony up the cash for the OEM.

The rear bushings failed. Rotted and cracked and so soft that the shock is hitting the axle due to the LCA shifting so much on braking/corners.

So...anyone use Raybestos Professional series suspension parts (especially their complete LCA's w/ball joint)? Rock Auto says they have sold 87 since 1/2012, with 0 returns (warranty is for parts AND labor, so if one went south, I figure someone WOULD return it!).

Unread 04-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #2
BoraBora

2006 WK 

I have the Raybestos and they are more than satisfactory. No figment issues, and I've put 6k miles on them so far and they're great. Buy them.

Build Thread
BoraBora is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2014, 05:45 PM   #3
unobtanium
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoraBora View Post
I have the Raybestos and they are more than satisfactory. No figment issues, and I've put 6k miles on them so far and they're great. Buy them.
Great!

How do they look and feel compared to MOPAR? Could you pick one out laying on a table next to the MOPAR? Feel any firmer/softer driving?
Unread 04-10-2014, 06:34 PM   #4
BoraBora

2006 WK 

I can't really comment on feel since they went on with my lift, but they do look really nice and factory!

Build Thread
Unread 04-11-2014, 12:16 AM   #5
unobtanium
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoraBora View Post
I can't really comment on feel since they went on with my lift, but they do look really nice and factory!
What was wrong with your oem lcas?
Unread 04-11-2014, 06:46 AM   #6
paroxysym
2007 WK 

most the time i would say go moog if possible, but raybestos is a close runner up to them when it comes to OEM replacement parts.

are you LCAs that bad? i figured a set of springs/isolators and new shocks would solve that suspension issue of yours. usually the LCAs are good for a couple hundred thousand if not wheeled, etc.
Unread 04-11-2014, 08:51 AM   #7
unobtanium
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
most the time i would say go moog if possible, but raybestos is a close runner up to them when it comes to OEM replacement parts.

are you LCAs that bad? i figured a set of springs/isolators and new shocks would solve that suspension issue of yours. usually the LCAs are good for a couple hundred thousand if not wheeled, etc.
My axles keep hitting the shocks. The lca bushings are so rotten that the lca is shifting when I hit a bump or the transmission shifts hard or I corner or a combo of the 3. I have new isolators and bilsteins already. Bushings are rotten to hell on the rear of the lca.
Unread 04-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #8
BoraBora

2006 WK 

My LCA's were extremely rusted and figured I'd replace everything at once.

Build Thread
Unread 04-11-2014, 11:52 AM   #9
Pjeepie
2005 WK 

If you were feeling really adventurous you could just replace the bushings on your control arms for a lot less than $120 each. You can find them through rock auto and they are the RAYBESTOS Professional grade. To address the rust your having on the control on themselves once you remove them and clean them up you can repaint them with a special paint made by a company called POR 15, it's the best product I've ever used to stop rust.

http://www.por15.com/

Unread 04-11-2014, 09:18 PM   #10
unobtanium
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjeepie View Post
If you were feeling really adventurous you could just replace the bushings on your control arms for a lot less than $120 each. You can find them through rock auto and they are the RAYBESTOS Professional grade. To address the rust your having on the control on themselves once you remove them and clean them up you can repaint them with a special paint made by a company called POR 15, it's the best product I've ever used to stop rust.

http://www.por15.com/

No rust. The factory bushings are just trash. I already ordered the complete arms because they come with ball joints and are bolt in. Why not do it all? Was my thought.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.