RAQ to REF radio swap? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > RAQ to REF radio swap?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 06-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
cherokeenc
2002 TJ Wrangler 

RAQ to REF radio swap?

Just bought a 2006 XK with the Boston system in it, however, it lacks the aux input for an Ipod. I was going to swap to a REF head unit but first was wondering if it was plug and play with the Boston or does the Boston system require the RAQ headunit?

Also it does not have rear DVD nor is it Sirius equipped.

ಠ_ರೃ
[I][B]"No self respecting man in North Carolina goes anywhere without beer."[/B][/I]
2002 Jeep Wrangler, 3.5inch RC, 33x12.50 Duratracs, Warn X8000i, other fun stuff
1993 Chevrolet K5 Blazer, 263k miles, lots of noises, manifold leak, clearly a Jeep in disguise
[QUOTE=SunDevilJeeper;14980171]Does it count if I wave my weiner instead, or is that no bueno? Cause I like to air it out sometimes and ya know... yeah...[/QUOTE]

[/CENTER]
cherokeenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
colinzj
2006 WK 

Plug and play.
Unread 06-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
cherokeenc
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinzj View Post
Plug and play.
Thank you sir. To ebay i go!
ಠ_ರೃ
[I][B]"No self respecting man in North Carolina goes anywhere without beer."[/B][/I]
2002 Jeep Wrangler, 3.5inch RC, 33x12.50 Duratracs, Warn X8000i, other fun stuff
1993 Chevrolet K5 Blazer, 263k miles, lots of noises, manifold leak, clearly a Jeep in disguise
[QUOTE=SunDevilJeeper;14980171]Does it count if I wave my weiner instead, or is that no bueno? Cause I like to air it out sometimes and ya know... yeah...[/QUOTE]

[/CENTER]
Unread 06-13-2012, 04:35 AM   #4
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeenc View Post
Just bought a 2006 XK with the Boston system in it, however, it lacks the aux input for an Ipod. I was going to swap to a REF head unit but first was wondering if it was plug and play with the Boston or does the Boston system require the RAQ headunit?

Also it does not have rear DVD nor is it Sirius equipped.
Just get an "Isimple" ipod integration kit for $80 off Amazon. 20 min install and you can control your Ipod from the steering wheel controls. It also charges it. I keep mine stowed in the glove box out of sight.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
cherokeenc
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Just get an "Isimple" ipod integration kit for $80 off Amazon. 20 min install and you can control your Ipod from the steering wheel controls. It also charges it. I keep mine stowed in the glove box out of sight.
I dont have steering wheel controls but ill check that out. A used REF radio is like $70 on ebay.
ಠ_ರೃ

[/CENTER]
Unread 06-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeenc

I dont have steering wheel controls but ill check that out. A used REF radio is like $70 on ebay.
I didn't realize they were that cheap. I never looked into it because it doesn't charge the Ipod, which means a second wire for charging. Also, you get better sound from the low level output then you do from the headphone jack.
Unread 06-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
cherokeenc
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I didn't realize they were that cheap. I never looked into it because it doesn't charge the Ipod, which means a second wire for charging. Also, you get better sound from the low level output then you do from the headphone jack.
Sound quality is definitely important.

Im pretty sure im right but is this what youre talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Interfa...s=isimple+jeep
ಠ_ರೃ

[/CENTER]

Last edited by cherokeenc; 06-13-2012 at 04:47 PM..
Unread 06-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #8
Budasac
2005 WK 

That looks like it. It should be "Isimple ISCH73". Even without the steering wheel controls you can still control the Ipod somewhat from the head unit. (skip fwd/rw and change playlist) That way you can just leave it in the glove box for the most part. The only thing that it's lacking is display interface. No song info on the head unit.
Unread 06-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #9
cherokeenc
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That looks like it. It should be "Isimple ISCH73". Even without the steering wheel controls you can still control the Ipod somewhat from the head unit. (skip fwd/rw and change playlist) That way you can just leave it in the glove box for the most part. The only thing that it's lacking is display interface. No song info on the head unit.
That was the right one than and i just ordered it. This will be way better since i can keep my 6disc changer and be able to charge the Ipod.

If this was reddit, i would give you all the upvotes sir.
ಠ_ರೃ

[/CENTER]

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.