A raft of starting problems... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > A raft of starting problems...

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 01-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
CanadaLaredo

A raft of starting problems...

In the past month i've had two specific kinds of starting problems with my 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4.

About a month ago, i turned the key in the ignition, and heard just one 'click' sound -- the dash lights all came on, but the starter didn't engage at all. However, after several attempts the vehicle started twenty minutes later and i was driving again with no problems.

Three weeks later, the same thing happened, however, the car did not start and I eventually had to have it towed to a dealer, who replaced the starter.

Now, two weeks after having the starter replaced, my wife tried to start the Jeep this morning and a new problem has occurred -- all of the lights on the dash flash madly, while a constant click-click-click sound comes from the dash. Moreover, the CD player starts to shuffle through the changer; the dash indicates I should get the 4x4 serviced; and finally, after all of this, the malfunction light flashes.

I'll need to take it to the dealer, but I'm hesitant to do so without the benefit of previous knowledge, if any exists out there. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

CanadaLaredo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
robpp

i would try the search button. these symptoms ALL have been documented here for 5-6 years.,
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
robpp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
t3kmitch
2005 WK 

Sounds like ignition switch.
Blue WK Club Member #32
t3kmitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2007 , laredo , start problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.