Radio code question - option question... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Radio code question - option question...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 12-22-2009, 02:22 AM   #1
GARover
2005 WK 

Radio code question - option question...

So, I bought a 2005 Grand Cherokee, and it has the NAV unit/6-disc/M3 radio (although I'm not totally sure of the radio code).

Anyways, the unit was FUBAR when I bought it and the dealer (not a Jeep dealer) agreed to replace it with a new factory unit from Jeep. They then claimed that my vehicle (according to the VIN#) came with a 6-disc CD/MP3 radio, but was not equipped with a NAV unit from the factory.

I don't think this is correct, and was there a Non-Nav, 6-disc unit?? I thought there was only two radios for these vehicles ('05 anyways).

They can still get the NAV unit for me, but I'm curious why they say mine didn't originally come with NAV, when to me it's obvious it did. Are they confused or what??

Unread 12-22-2009, 06:48 AM   #2
Devilsmed98
1995 YJ Wrangler 

There is the RAK, and RAQ for the 2005s that have 6 disc changer with no Navigation. The REC navigation radio is the only factory installed radio you could have with gps.

Source: Jeep Grand Cherokee WK - Factory audio components
~Black WK Club Member #9~
2011 WKII Overland
2007 WK Limited[/COLOR]
1995 YJ Rio Grande
Devilsmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 07:24 AM   #3
Fizzle1979

2010 JK Wrangler 

You could get a build sheet from a jeep dealer and that would tell you what your jeep originally came with too.
| 2010 JK Unlimited Mountain | Rescue Green | Rugged Ridge Front Bumper | Rugged Ridge Winch Spacer | Rugged Ridge Rear Bumper | Rugged Ridge Tire Carrier | Warn Powerplant HD | Mopar Rock Sliders | Synergy Suspension Front & Rear Grab Handles | AEV 2.5" Lift | AEV Savegre Black Wheels | BFGR 35x12.50x17 KM2s | Rigid Dually LED | Boom Mat
Fizzle1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2009, 10:29 PM   #4
GARover
2005 WK 

Here is a picture of what I have. According to the VIN, my radio is supposed to be a 6-disc CD + MP3. But, it has a slot underneath it for the Navigation disc and looks like it has all the support (I even have that U-connect thing for the Blutooth phone connection).

Anyways, the vehicle was advertised as having Navigation, so they are replacing this problematic unit with a factory REC (NAV + 6 Disc) unit anyways.

I guess my question is, what unit do I have here?? Am I supposed to have NAV with this?

If this vehicle didn't originally come with NAV, than what else is needed to make it work??? Are there any other parts/pieces needed? Hopefully this REC radio unit will just plug in.
Unread 12-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #5
colinzj
2006 WK 

That's the REC.
Unread 12-25-2009, 10:39 PM   #6
Thespaniardfhs
2005 WK 

Looks like the REC Nav unit, clean upgrade kit and all. As long as you have the nav disc you should be set, i don't have one of my own. But check it out here:

Jeep Grand Cherokee WK - Navigation Radio
05 WK 5.7 QD-II | Saguaro 4xComponents: Front Winch Bumper | Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier | Recon 10,500lbs Winch | 4xGuard Front(mod), Belly, Rear, Side Guards | OME HD Lift kit | BFG MT KM2 285/70 17 | Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers | Stillen Rotors & Pads | FOR SALE - PM FOR INFO!

05 KJ CRD Limited - Stock

[B][COLOR="Red"]HEMI Club Member #36[/COLOR][/B]
Thespaniardfhs is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.