Radiator issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Radiator issue

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-16-2006, 07:40 AM   #1
Terry K

Radiator issue

Hi Guys,

I know very little about the mechanical workings of cars, so please tolerate my lack of knowledge.

I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee which I really like. It has one strange quirk. Whenever it rains heavily causing water to be thrown up by the car in front, when I come to a stop and idle, quite a lot of steam comes out from my radiator. The radiator isn't leaking and my coolant is full, and this only happens in heavy rain.

Is this simply a case of cold water being heated by the hot elements of the radiator or is something else going on?

Thanks.

Terry K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2006, 02:48 PM   #2
Martin610

I think its normal. I had this on my XJ. Only happened within a certain ambient temperature range.

Haven't seen it on my new XK, but its been warm in my part of the country.
Martin610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2006, 04:51 AM   #3
Terry K

OK. Thanks.
Terry K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2006, 08:42 AM   #4
curt93t/t

More than likely the steam is from the water being splashed up onto your exhaust or exhaust manifold. If it was anti-freeze you would smell it.
curt93t/t is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.