Questions/suggestions about my new WK. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Questions/suggestions about my new WK.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 08-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #1
Jeepfan2208

Questions/suggestions about my new WK.

So, i just recently got a 2010 jeep grand cherokee for my 16th birthday. Unfortunately it did not come with 4 wheel drive. I am looking into lifting it and making it look nice, but i don't know if i should since it is 2wd. I would still like to go mudding in it, i'm guessing i'll have to go with someone who could pull me out. I have saw the 2wd to 4wd conversions, is that possible for the wks? And considering i would not go mudding/offroading a lot and don't receive much snow is it even worth it?

Jeepfan2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
JeepCares

Anything is possible with enough time and money. For me, it would not be worth it and I live in MI (more snow.)
Do you really want/need 4WD? If you do, could you sell the one you have and just buy a 4WD?
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Converting to 4wd would be a waste. If it were worth it you'd see folks doing it on a regular basis.

Put a budget boost on it, upgrade the tires, some new wheels or spacers w/ stock rims. It'll look good.

I really wouldn't mess with mudding in a 2wd rig - actually me personally I wouldn't mess with mudding in any rig, trails is where it's at - but to each their own.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
johngreen1234
2010 WK 

Shortly after buying my CJ5 (many many moon ago), a buddy and I drove it down to the Baja 500 course over spring break (it was the only offroad trail I knew of). I was the ONLY 4WD rig on that trail.

Granted, it's not a difficult trail at all. But IMO you can do a lot of high-speed offroad driving with 2WD, and the "yeehaaw" factor is still there.

Congratulations on your new rig!
johngreen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
Jeepfan2208

I live in NC, so we never really get much snow. We average probably 3-4 in or less a year. The most i can remember having is 1 ft and a half. So i don't really need it for snow. I just would like it just to say i have it. The most i would use it is mudding, which probably wouldn't be much. It just feels kinda poser like driving in a 2wd jeep haha. I almost got a 2006 wrangler x, but i couldn't because of safety issues :'(
Unread 08-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #6
Jeepfan2208

Shortly after buying my CJ5 (many many moon ago), a buddy and I drove it down to the Baja 500 course over spring break (it was the only offroad trail I knew of). I was the ONLY 4WD rig on that trail.

Granted, it's not a difficult trail at all. But IMO you can do a lot of high-speed offroad driving with 2WD, and the "yeehaaw" factor is still there.

Congratulations on your new rig!

Thanks! I love it, and that's really funny! That's pretty much all i want is a little yeeehaaw! haha!
Unread 08-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #7
Jeepfan2208

Anything is possible with enough time and money. For me, it would not be worth it and I live in MI (more snow.)
Do you really want/need 4WD? If you do, could you sell the one you have and just buy a 4WD?

I live in NC, so we never really get much snow. We average probably 3-4 in or less a year. The most i can remember having is 1 ft and a half. So i don't really need it for snow. I just would like it just to say i have it. The most i would use it is mudding, which probably wouldn't be much. It just feels kinda poser like driving in a 2wd jeep haha. I almost got a 2006 wrangler x, but i couldn't because of safety issues :'(
Unread 08-14-2013, 11:02 PM   #8
Jeepfan2208

Converting to 4wd would be a waste. If it were worth it you'd see folks doing it on a regular basis.

Put a budget boost on it, upgrade the tires, some new wheels or spacers w/ stock rims. It'll look good.

I really wouldn't mess with mudding in a 2wd rig - actually me personally I wouldn't mess with mudding in any rig, trails is where it's at - but to each their own.

Yeah thats what im planning to do! I just know some people wonder why you lift a 2wd.. i don't wanna look like a poser haha! But true, how would it do on trails, could i make it okay?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.