Question on Tow Hitch / Wiring Installation on 09 WK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Question on Tow Hitch / Wiring Installation on 09 WK

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
jokajon00
2009 WK 

Question on Tow Hitch / Wiring Installation on 09 WK

Hey

So when I bought my Jeep the dealer wrote me a "we owe" to install a tow hitch (factory with bezel). What they neglected to tell me was this would not include wiring. They are telling me it would cost $400 to install the wiring because it requires 3 hours of labor. I know there are kits where you can hook it up yourself by hooking into the brake lights. How hard would this be and can I still get the factory look if I go this route? Or should I just shell out the $400 bucks and feel like a sucker?

Just thought of something else. It is a limited version with 5.7L Hemi. Is there a wiring harness already present under the bumper?

Thanks

Jonathan

jokajon00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
modernblueWK

The 4-pin might be tucked up under there. The harness may need to be activated with starscan.
Blue WK club #4
2013 HEMI Durango Awd Crew. All stock
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.