Question for Commander owners - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Question for Commander owners

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 12-09-2007, 08:03 AM   #1
roborules
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Question for Commander owners

Quick question for you Commander owners -

Will a 4 X 8 sheet of plywood fit in the back with the seats down?

I'm talking width, I don't care if I can't get the back door all the way closed, I just don't want to have to rent a truck & I won't try to rig a sheet to a roof rack!

Wife was perfectly happy with the Astro van until she drove my Rubicon in the snow!

Now SHE wants as 4WD for winter (and to be a bit cooler, I think); but I'm remodeling our house and need the function of being able to just load up 4X8 sheets of plywood & drywall whenever I want - the Astro van is great for that(but not so good on the wintry hills of Pittsburgh).

Any help - thanks!

roborules is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
polarbz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I've never done it, but I'd think it would fit at an angle.
polarbz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2007, 10:45 AM   #3
MWs4Sale
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ever thought about picking up a small utility trailer - every homeowner needs one of those, espicially the do-it-yourselfers.
Unread 12-09-2007, 12:06 PM   #4
roborules
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Definitely could use a small trailer, but I've got very limited space. I live in a big house in an old neighborhood; houses built before people had cars. No garage, no driveway; just on-street parking and houses close together. My backyard is taken up by patio/deck & veg. garden, plus it's completely fenced in for the dog. No real room for a trailer storage. Good idea though - I could borrow a buddy's trailer for those times... thx
roborules is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2007, 07:26 AM   #5
mrfWKJeep
2006 WK 

I typically just rent a small trailer from Uhaul. You can rent a pretty good size trailer for like $30 for the day and no storage, no plates, insurance or storage afterwards!
mrfWKJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.