Question about the Radio 08 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Question about the Radio 08

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
OrlandoOverland
2008 WK 

Question about the Radio 08

SO i just bought my first Jeep today, its an Overland and I absolutely love it.

My question is, do you think its possible to swap out the navigation factory radio on the 08 overland and swap it with one of the newer navigation radios that are in the new Jeeps.

I want the Bluetooth streaming feature pretty bad. If you guys have a work around or know if its possible please let me know.

OrlandoOverland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Like a MyGig? If so search for MyGig in the search bar and you will find alot of threads on this swap.
Unread 08-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
bhawks28
2009 WK 

I believe what you want is to swap your MyGig RER with the MyGig RHR. The third post in this thread suggests that it can be done pretty easily. I've thought about doing this myself, but I can't bring myself to spend all that $$$ on the RHR unit. In my opinion, the money would be better spent on an aftermarket head unit.
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
robpp

the problem with aftermarket is all the interfaces needed.......sterring wheel controls. XM. camera. antenna.
it gets 'spensive/
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
robpp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpp
the problem with aftermarket is all the interfaces needed.......sterring wheel controls. XM. camera. antenna.
it gets 'spensive/
Not really. I Paid about $600 for a pioneer double din with Bluetooth/Nav/USB and anything you can think of plus the wiring kit/antenna adapter/steering wheel control PLUS install.
Unread 08-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #6
OrlandoOverland
2008 WK 

So am i correct in assuming that Uconnect is all part of the head unit? if you replace that with a good nav unit with the correct adapters/harnesses then your all set?
Unread 08-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #7
OrlandoOverland
2008 WK 

Bump before i order a radio
Unread 08-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #8
OrlandoOverland
2008 WK 

is there an adapter that will allow the camera to be wired in? so itll keep kicking on when going into Reverse?
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #9
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

Old thread...but is there a work around or a way to make Bluetooth streaming work? I updated to the newest software hoping it would work, but it still doesn't work.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.