Quadra-Trac 2 Traction Control Disabled in 4lo?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Quadra-Trac 2 Traction Control Disabled in 4lo??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 10-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
alexr40
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quadra-Trac 2 Traction Control Disabled in 4lo??

Hi guys

A few weeks ago I drove up a steep hill of loose gravel and wood sticks in 4lo and the WK spun tires at half of the small hill, and I made it up.

I never felt the traction control applying the brakes. (although I didnt looked at the dash to see if the Traction control light blinked)

Today I stopped in a steep wet polished-like pavement, and I floored it and I felt the traction control applying and the light blinked.

My WK is a 2005 and doesnt have ESP but do have Traction control. When I turn it off it says Traction System disabled. not ESP oFF etc..

I was just thinking..... I know that QD-II turns off traction control in 4lo to allow the LSDS to work.

Its possible that I dont have TC in 4lo? or I DO Have and probably I didnt felt it due to the terrain or something.

Its weird how fast I Felt it in 4Hi (regular driving) and not in 4LO (locked center dif or transfercase)

2005 WK Limited 4.7L - 4x4 (QT-II)
2" RC Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME Rear Shocks, Saguaro Shackle Mounts, Mopar OEM Hitch
alexr40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

you have ESP...

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_esp.htm
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
alexr40
1998 TJ Wrangler 

mine doesnt. read my other thread

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/t...ption-1389010/

2005 WK Limited 4.7L - 4x4 (QT-II)
2" RC Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME Rear Shocks, Saguaro Shackle Mounts, Mopar OEM Hitch
alexr40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
modernblueWK

Ive seen and heard the bld system work on my jeep in 4lo. One wheel off the ground turns 1/4 to 1/2 turn then stops and the jeep moves forward a bit. The lifted wheel trys to move again and locks. So it works great but the brakes on the wheels off the ground get pretty hammered and hot.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.