QD2 vs QT2 for my intended uses - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > QD2 vs QT2 for my intended uses

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Reply
Unread 01-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
db0007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Posts: 16
QD2 vs QT2 for my intended uses

I'm most likely picking up a 2012 5.7 Ltd this Thursday, the 08 is going back.

If you want the full story >>> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/b.../#post12845958

Anyhow my 01 has QD, the one I plan on purchasing has QT2.

My uses will include,
  • typical commuting all weather conditions 'Connecticut'
  • light off road use: streams, sand, gravel
  • towing a trailer 2,000lbs - 6,000lbs (depending on # of bikes)
  • towing+ extended periods of time.

The 08 I purchased is QT2, I was under assumption it's the newer version but I was wrong when there's actually the QD2.

Should I opt for the QD2 seeing as how I know tried and true it does everything I need it too or is QT2 fine. Plus the way Jeep's site explains it, QT2 it's technically RWD until the event it needs to kick in. I'm not comfortable with that. I would be much happier with piece of mind its "All time All wheel drive".

If I am wrong PLEASE correct me!

Thanks in advance guys!

__________________
My Jeep History... 12 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi > 08 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 - lemon >
01 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 > 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7
db0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
mattydipps
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: west babylon, new york
Posts: 1,512
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/q...ac-ii-1315609/

take a look here it should answer all your questions...
__________________
Sold-
mattydipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
colinzj
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,412
QuadraTrac II operates at a 48/52 split under normal conditions. All wheel drive, all the time.
__________________
2006 WK Laredo 4x4 4.7L
1993 ZJ Laredo 4x4 4.0L Dead, sold, and rolling again
colinzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #4
modernblueWK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gunnison, CO
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinzj View Post
QuadraTrac II operates at a 48/52 split under normal conditions. All wheel drive, all the time.
This and the new qd2 only has a limited slip diff in the rear diff now. The advantage over qt2 may be marginal on the 2011 and 2012's.
__________________
2008 WK 4.7 245/70-17 Grabber AT2 - Magnflow - JBA - G2 - Steel Armadillo - MLL's
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 06:05 AM   #5
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........
 
JeepN4KC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Blue Springs, MO
Posts: 5,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by db0007 View Post
I'm most likely picking up a 2012 5.7 Ltd this Thursday, the 08 is going back.

If you want the full story >>> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/b.../#post12845958

Anyhow my 01 has QD, the one I plan on purchasing has QT2.

My uses will include,
  • typical commuting all weather conditions 'Connecticut'
  • light off road use: streams, sand, gravel
  • towing a trailer 2,000lbs - 6,000lbs (depending on # of bikes)
  • towing+ extended periods of time.

The 08 I purchased is QT2, I was under assumption it's the newer version but I was wrong when there's actually the QD2.

Should I opt for the QD2 seeing as how I know tried and true it does everything I need it too or is QT2 fine. Plus the way Jeep's site explains it, QT2 it's technically RWD until the event it needs to kick in. I'm not comfortable with that. I would be much happier with piece of mind its "All time All wheel drive".

If I am wrong PLEASE correct me!

Thanks in advance guys!
If you're buying a 2012 you are asking the wrong guys - wrong thread at least.
I would stop over at the WK2 forums and ask around. (2011 and up Grand Cherokee's).
FWIW - QDII > QTII > QTI
__________________
~Mike~

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 06:46 AM   #6
scootr29
Web Wheeler
 
scootr29's Avatar
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 2,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernblueWK View Post
This and the new qd2 only has a limited slip diff in the rear diff now. The advantage over qt2 may be marginal on the 2011 and 2012's.
This....
__________________
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 07:59 AM   #7
db0007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Posts: 16
Thanks guys I appreciate the information. If they have QD2 I'm going with that if all I can get my hands on is QT2 under my situation, then I have no choice. Smfh Thanks again for the info. Sorry if this was the wrong thread. Site is slow as hell on my BB.
__________________
My Jeep History... 12 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi > 08 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 - lemon >
01 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 > 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7
db0007 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.