Putting on the OME HD lift... couple questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Putting on the OME HD lift... couple questions

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
kiloniner
2006 WK 

Putting on the OME HD lift... couple questions

Hey guys. I'm in the process of putting on the OME HD springs and some rear shocks and have a few questions.

1. Does the bolt that goes through the strut fork that holds it to the strut have a nut on the other side? Or is it just the bolt? It looks like there should be a nut there, but I've put everything on the front back together and I don't see a nut for either side.

2. I know I'm supposed to do final torquing while the Jeep is on the ground, but does mean every single bolt, or just some bolts in particular like the struts and such?

3. Does anyone have a list of torque specs for each bolt that gets removed in the process of installing the lift? The instructions only have torque specs for the rear shock bolts. In particular for the front:
  • Sway bar bolt
  • bolt that goes through the strut fork and attaches it to the strut
  • Bolt that goes through the strut fork and holds ball joint in place
  • Nut that connects A arm to the hub
  • 4 bolts on top of the strut in the engine compartment

Sorry I don't know the correct names of everything. I would appreciate any corrections. Thanks

kiloniner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
fredkiller
2008 WK 

1. The strut to clevis (fork) bolt doesn't have a separate nut, the clevis is threaded on one side for the bolt.
2. This is mostly for the bolts going through a bushing, but won't hurt for the rest. I found it was easier to do with some long extensions (especially for the clevis to control arm bolt)
3. see the pictures attached, top is for the front, bottom is for the rear, from the Factory Service Manual
front-torque-wk.png

rear-torque-wk.png

fredkiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
kiloniner
2006 WK 

Thanks fredkiller.

Anyone have a torque spec for the pictured nut?
what.jpg

Unread 12-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #4
kiloniner
2006 WK 

Well I figured everything out. Except when I went to torque the rear right bottom shock bolt, it snapped. Now I'm stuck with no vehicle until the 26th.

Anyone have a part number for that bolt? Rear shock bolt with the partial shoulder.

Thanks
Unread 12-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
fredkiller
2008 WK 

06506147AA or generically M12x1.75x80 (bolt size/thread pitch/length in mm)
fredkiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #6
kiloniner
2006 WK 

Got everything together. Thanks again fredkiller

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.