Putting a 125CC two stroke Scooter in the Jeep possible ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Putting a 125CC two stroke Scooter in the Jeep possible ?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
98jgc
2005 WK 

Putting a 125CC two stroke Scooter in the Jeep possible ?

I am going to look at a minty rare 1984 Honda Aero Scooter tomorrow, Now I would have to lay it on its side - pretty much drain the gas / oil etc. Pretty easy cause its a two stroke. Any tips or hints based on manufacturer specs - I have 2 inches of extra height available, 2 inches in width, plenty of blankets, pillows drop clothes etc.

Any insight is appreciated - I did load a Puch moped in it a week ago and it was pretty easy. The scooter is 100 lbs more and couple inches bigger LWH - also going to have a very heavy *** end... can I do it ?

98jgc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
jeepsrgood4u
2009 WK 

If it measures out that it'll fit and you feel comfortable putting inside, go for it. I don't see there being a weight issue. If in doubt borrow a small trailer or rent one if possible. Easier to load and the back of Jeep won't end up smelling like a small engine repair shop. Petty much your call on this.
jeepsrgood4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
Chirpz

2007 WK 

If you have a trailer hitch, you can tow the scooter home, WITHOUT using a trailer. I towed a Honda 550-4 motorcycle 600 miles like this.

Rig up a way to lift the front wheel and attach it to the trailer hitch...lash it down tightly.
In my case, I removed the ball and replaced it with a short piece of steel channel that the wheel would sit into....then lashed it down.

Next, run stout ropes or lines one from each handle bar end to your luggage rack. Make them tight. If you do this right, this will secure the bike firmly in place.

Do a short test run and re-check everything to make sure nothing is slipping.

Take off for home....drive 55 or under. The back of the bike will lean as you turn and follow you where ever you go but the front wheel and and handle bars will not move.

I don't know if this is good or bad for the scooter engine and drive system. It was no problem for my Honda.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.