Provent install pics on 07 CRD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Provent install pics on 07 CRD

1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 11-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #1
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

Provent install pics on 07 CRD

Here are my pictures of a ProVent install on my 07 CRD.

Why do you need one, you may ask?

Look here.

Below, cover removed, we're intercepting that black formed hose between the EGR and inline heater (looks like a sensor that plugs into the intake)

Below, 1" hose attached to EGR & 3/4" hose attached (tightly) to inline heater.

Provent itself is just screwed into the side panel next to reservoir.

Below, hoses attached to EGR and inline heater.

The cover fits fine.

07 Steel Blue Overland CRD QDII | Bilsteins | 4xguard Matrix | Rear SRT8 SwayBar | DashHawk w/egt | Provent MBRP XP Exhaust | New Intake Tube & Seal + EHM | Alternator Splash Guard | Crank Sensor | GPS AL InMotion Hack | Swirl motor bypass | Blue WK Club Member #13 | 100,000 Mile Club | Dogpiled Club | pre-N23 FDCM |
wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2008, 06:59 PM   #2
NetworkMD
2008 WK 

Nice job, that looks like a clean install. I am getting ready to do the same, do you mind to provide a list of materials? I have purchased the provent, and created a small bracket to mount it to the existing bolt near the shock mount. I am especially interested in the elbows you used, and did you need to heat up the large hoses to get them to go over the connections. Thanks
Unread 11-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
tcmglx

Wookie, i see you have a TDC powerbox......details please!! How do you like it? How was the install? etc etc etc
Unread 11-09-2008, 07:47 PM   #4
tcmglx

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkMD View Post
Nice job, that looks like a clean install. I am getting ready to do the same, do you mind to provide a list of materials? I have purchased the provent, and created a small bracket to mount it to the existing bolt near the shock mount. I am especially interested in the elbows you used, and did you need to heat up the large hoses to get them to go over the connections. Thanks

Yeah, i think I will do the same, more pics and list of install materials please!
Unread 11-09-2008, 08:00 PM   #5
FanofallDiesels

I would love a list of materials too!

Jeff
1996 John Deere 455
FanofallDiesels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

I got the ProVent from Republic Sales for $139 (free shipping), they're now $145.95

The elbows & reducer came from US Plastic

SKU Description Unit Price How many
64455 Natural PVDF Elbow $3.16 (2)
64526 Natural PVDF Reduction Coupler $2.78 (1)
64454 Natural PVDF Elbow $2.54 (2)

The 1", 3/4" and 1/4" braided hoses & brass shutoff came from Home Depot.

All the connectors fit snugly, but the 3/4 hose to inline heater took some finessing to squeeze on. I suggest that you do it when it's over 70˚ or use a hair dryer to warm the hose first
07 Steel Blue Overland CRD QDII | Bilsteins | 4xguard Matrix | Rear SRT8 SwayBar | DashHawk w/egt | Provent MBRP XP Exhaust | New Intake Tube & Seal + EHM | Alternator Splash Guard | Crank Sensor | GPS AL InMotion Hack | Swirl motor bypass | Blue WK Club Member #13 | 100,000 Mile Club | Dogpiled Club | pre-N23 FDCM |

Last edited by wookiee; 05-13-2009 at 10:46 AM..
Unread 11-10-2008, 10:16 AM   #7
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

The TDC PowerBox CR+ noticeably improved performance and definitely increased mileage. I do mostly highway driving above 80 mph and get 24 mpg. It doesn't seem to help above 100 mph... it dropped down to about 12 or less mpg. It was about 2 hours at 110 in Montana so I didn't get an accurate estimate. I just know that instead of 480 miles on a tank, I got about 350!

The install took less than a minute, just one connector to intercept.

Last edited by wookiee; 11-10-2008 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: add install
Unread 11-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #8
tcmglx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiee View Post
The TDC PowerBox CR+ noticeably improved performance and definitely increased mileage. I do mostly highway driving above 80 mph and get 24 mpg. It doesn't seem to help above 100 mph... it dropped down to about 12 or less mpg. It was about 2 hours at 110 in Montana so I didn't get an accurate estimate. I just know that instead of 480 miles on a tank, I got about 350!
Wow, thats awesome! What setting are you using?
Unread 11-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #9
TonyVideo

2008 WK 

Man, talking about running your engine hard........
1985 Jeep Larado 4.0L Sold
TonyVideo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2008, 10:22 AM   #10
TonyVideo

2008 WK 

Keep an eye out for leaks on the ball valve. I started out with that valve from Home Depot and it started leaking. I am trying to find another valve as I have had one more start to leak. Currently I put a long enough hose on the end and just bend it up with my latest leaking valve. It is a small leak but gets all over the driveway. I am not sure what other valve to try. This oil is slippery stuff.
1985 Jeep Larado 4.0L Sold
TonyVideo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #11
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVideo View Post
Man, talking about running your engine hard........
Gotta keep the gunk cleaned out of it!
Unread 11-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #12
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmglx View Post
Wow, thats awesome! What setting are you using?
It's set on 6. Setting it to 7 brings up a 'transfer case clutch worn' error!
Unread 11-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #13
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVideo View Post
... I started out with that valve from Home Depot and it started leaking. ... It is a small leak but gets all over the driveway. ...
I'll keep watch, thanks.
Unread 11-10-2008, 05:53 PM   #14
johnniebravo
2008 WK 

extremely helpful wookiee, thanks for posting this!
Unread 11-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #15
FanofallDiesels

Thanks wookiee.

I just ordered the Provent from Republic and it was 145.95 with free shipping. I also ordered the elbows and reducer from US Plastics. Once it all comes in, I will be off to Home Depot for the hose and shutoff.

Jeff
1996 John Deere 455
FanofallDiesels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.