power seat problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > power seat problem

Advance Adapters SYE KitsOconee Off-Road Jeep Night!SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 07-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
skibum555
2005 WK 

power seat problem

Hey folks!! I recently let my 4yr old son "help" me fix some small issues with my 05 WK, long story short, my passenger side outside (closest to door) power seat is not coming back up from being reclined too far back, I think the gears or cog is stripped out and thus isn't pulling the right side of the seat up.

So my question is, do I have to replace the entire motor or can I salvage a gear set or buy a replacement gear set??

Also, I located this part but I am not sure if the "driver side" motor is also the "passenger side" motor.

Tilt, W/o memory Left
MOTOR POWER SEAT - Power driver seat
SEATS & TRACKS »Tracks & components
Jeep › Grand cherokee › 2005-2007
List Price : $107.80
Your Price : $70.07

Quantity:

skibum555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 01:56 AM   #2
skibum555
2005 WK 

Problem solved, turns out the shaft that goes into the two gear sets (outter and inner) just slipped out of the outer gears and was not pulling that half of the seat back up. Tapped it back in and secured it with a tiny hole and cotter key.

Props to the father in law for helpin me out.
MEMBER #105
skibum555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.