please help with my remote start - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > please help with my remote start

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 03-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #61
livingrock21
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterF View Post
Personally I would just unplug the rf ring from the xpresskit and try to start it. If it does the same thing it's been doing (shutting down) then I think the rf ring is bad as it has no effect on the system. You can always plug it back into the xpresskit and be back where you started, no harm done
I tried this and it did the same thing its been doing... It also doesnt look as though the tach wire is hooked up though... If the rf ring isnt hooked up correctly would wrapping it a few more times possibly help.. It looks to only be wrapped once, and I believe the manual calls for 3 to 5 times.. OR does this mean the rf programming in the expresskit is done for?? Tshe tach wire seems to stick in the back of my head too though, almost thinking of running a new tach wire...

I tried everything everyone has suggested.... Errrrr...

livingrock21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #62
PeterF
2006 WK 

It sounds like someone didn't install it correctly in the first place. These electrical problems are very time consuming, it really sucks. When we first started talking I never thought there could be physical wire issues with the car but now it seems that is possible. If you can, look up the installation manual for both the avital and xpresskit and check every connection.
PeterF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #63
JeepinJeremy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingrock21 View Post
I was really hoping it wouldnt be that... I mean I really need to get anotber key anyway, but.... It just sucks that I have to... Is it cheaper to buy a key online, and then take it to them to program?? If it is does anyone know the cheapest place/s online to get one??

So d@mn frustrated at this point.... Jeremy, you really dont think it could be the RF wire around the black plastic peice on the ignition?? You really dont think thats even a possibility and worth giving a shot?? Its supposed to be warmer today was hoping to get a chance to work on it today...

As frustrated as I am.... I'm so grateful/thankful for all your guys help/ideas.... I'd wouldnt be too much further then squareone right now without you guys... Thanks again...
Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you. I do know of a place to get cheap keys. Google. Howards keys he sells them single. 6-10 bucks a key have it cut at ace hardware and most jeep stealer ships will program it for free.
JeepinJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #64
JeepinJeremy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

If you were close i would just help you reinstall it. If you need and install manuel on the avital let me know I have that as well
Unread 03-27-2013, 11:18 PM   #65
livingrock21
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterF View Post
It sounds like someone didn't install it correctly in the first place. These electrical problems are very time consuming, it really sucks. When we first started talking I never thought there could be physical wire issues with the car but now it seems that is possible. If you can, look up the installation manual for both the avital and xpresskit and check every connection.
It did work at one point... I remember when I first bought it, I tested it.... I remember because I didnt know how to shut it off....
Unread 03-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #66
livingrock21
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinJeremy View Post

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you. I do know of a place to get cheap keys. Google. Howards keys he sells them single. 6-10 bucks a key have it cut at ace hardware and most jeep stealer ships will program it for free.
I wish youd were close too my man...the jeep keys your talking about, are they the electronic ones?? Obviouslybright to be able to program this expresskit...
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #67
JeepinJeremy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I wish youd were close too my man...the jeep keys your talking about, are they the electronic ones?? Obviouslybright to be able to program this expresskit...
hers a link. http://www.howardkeys.com/pdf/chrysler-USA.pdf

these keys are made to replace the factory key that had the lock/unlock fob on it. all you do is get it cut at ace hardware and most jeep dealers will program it to your jeep for free. Do not try to start your jeep with an unprogram key it will kill all keys if you do. once programed you can relearn the xk532 or switch to an old style rf module 556u which i prefer. those mostly never fail. I can also wire up a resistance pack for you eliminating the xk532 kit if needed.
Unread 03-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #68
livingrock21
2005 WK 

Quote:

these keys are made to replace the factory key that had the lock/unlock fob on it. all you do is get it cut at ace hardware and most jeep dealers will program it to your jeep for free. Do not try to start your jeep with an unprogram key it will kill all keys if you do. once programed you can relearn the xk532 or switch to an old style rf module 556u which i prefer. those mostly never fail. I can also wire up a resistance pack for you eliminating the xk532 kit if needed.
So these keys have the lock/unlock buttons and what not and their less then $20?
Unread 03-29-2013, 12:34 PM   #69
livingrock21
2005 WK 

I'm really thinking it has something to do with the programming, or the rf ring....
Unread 03-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #70
livingrock21
2005 WK 

Quote:

I want to order two of these today if their the keys with the lock/unlock/rear glass fob in it...
Unread 03-31-2013, 05:14 PM   #71
livingrock21
2005 WK 

I hope you can give me an answer before tomorrow jeremy... I'd like to order those tonight or tomorrow morn at the latest so I can get them asap...
Unread 03-31-2013, 11:23 PM   #72
JeepinJeremy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I hope you can give me an answer before tomorrow jeremy... I'd like to order those tonight or tomorrow morn at the latest so I can get them asap...
just a plain old key no fob in it. You may have to call him to see if he offer the jeep key with a fob.
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #73
p2555016zr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here is how I tested my installed systems before I installed the universal key replacement(rf ring). Put the key in the ignition (don't turn it) and hit the remote start, if it starts and stays running then you know the rest of the system works. If it doesn't run then there is something wrong with the install wiring.
p2555016zr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.