Please help - Left Taillight problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Please help - Left Taillight problem

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
rightcoastnj
2008 WK 

Please help - Left Taillight problem

Hi all, glad i found this place..I searched but didn't seem to find something matching my exact issue..

I have a 2008 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4.. love it, great truck.
Lately I have been experiencing a problem with my left (drivers side) tail light.. when the lights are in the "off" position, it seems to work just fine, but when i turn the lights to "on" or "auto", the left taillight stops working completely. When I use my turn signal, it blinks very quickly on my dashboard, and there is no sign of life whatsoever from the taillight itself. If I turn the lights back to "off", the problem persists, BUT if I turn the truck off, turn the lights to "off" and turn it back on, the taillight works again until I turn the lights back on.

I've already replaced the bulb 3 separate times.. It can't be the bulbs, but I have no idea what it could be.

Any help would be great. I don't want to get a ticket for my tail light being out

rightcoastnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
GregK340
2007 WK 

Not sure if the 08's have a circuit board in tail light housing like other years, but they have corrosion issues, and may need to be cleaned, or replaced. Use the search feature on this forum. " tail light problems wk"
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/2...oblem-1271727/
GregK340 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.