Please Help! 06 Commander 4x4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Please Help! 06 Commander 4x4

Awesome Open box items at OPENBOXOFFROAD.COMIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep parts, deals and more at JeepHut.com

Unread 02-21-2015, 06:49 PM   #1
americanbulld27
2006 XK Commander 

Please Help! 06 Commander 4x4

Ok not sure if this makes any difference but I live in Michigan and its really cold right now, so today my wife and I go get into our commander and I put it into reverse and nothing happens! I put it into drive nothing happens! the night before everything was working fine and we haven't been having ANY problems prior.. After messing around trying different things I've noticed that when I put it into drive on the dash it says 3rd or sometimes 4th gear, but if I shut off the car and turn off the traction control then try putting it into gear I'll get the D on the dash and I can switch it to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th although it still does nothing.. Anyone have any clue of what this could be? could it be the transmission control module? I've read so many different things just thought I'd ask here since I'm sure someone on here has dealt with with issue.. Thanks in advance, sorry if I did put any specifics, lemme know if you need any information..

americanbulld27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2015, 08:02 PM   #2
americanbulld27
2006 XK Commander 

Let me also add I'm not getting no engine codes..
Unread 02-21-2015, 10:37 PM   #3
Craigyfm
2006 WK 

Judging by your description it sounds the contacts or control module. Take the shift unit apart and give everything a good clean. There's a video on YouTube which shows how to do this. Type in jGC Transmission, it's the same as yours.
Craigyfm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2015, 09:08 AM   #4
americanbulld27
2006 XK Commander 

thanks, yeah I watched the video doesnt seem like the same issue, so maybe it could be the contacts? where are the contacts located I read that there under the car by the trans?
Unread 02-22-2015, 09:25 AM   #5
tom19511
2006 WK 

Craigyfm is talking about the shifter module which is in the console.
2007 Liberty Sport 3.7
tom19511 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2015, 07:36 PM   #6
americanbulld27
2006 XK Commander 

yes tom, im saying from the video it doesn't seem like its the control module.. the video seems to show signs of the vehicle in "limp" mode, which my isn't doing that, it simply isn't going into any gear. well its going into gear its just not going anywhere once its in gear.
Unread 02-23-2015, 10:13 AM   #7
Craigyfm
2006 WK 

Try pulling the fuse on the FDCM. Start the truck and try the shift. This fix is helping lots of people on here. Have you had N23 done?. It will be something really silly mate.
Craigyfm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.