Play in the Rear End - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Play in the Rear End

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineZone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Unread 07-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
00RedWJ
2006 WK 

Play in the Rear End

I had my leaky Pinion Seal in the rear replaced about a year ago and no problems since. I do notice a fair amount of play in the rear if I hit the gas and let go abruptly it feels like theres more axle play then I'd expect. Is that normal or are these rears usually tight. It's a basic laredo with a 3.7 liter

2006 Black Grand Cherokee Laredo WK
3.7 with 65,000 Miles
00RedWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
TonyIce05
2005 WK 

I also have the same issue with my 2005 WK Laredo 3.7L. When you let off and coast and get back on the gas there's a small... not clunk, not chugging, but like jerk in the drivetrain.

It would be good to hear from someone who knows if this is eventually going to cause damage...
| 2005 GC | 3.7L V6 | Surco Safari Rack | Rigid Lit LED's | K&N Air Intake | Hypertech Programmer | Silver WK Club Member #52 |
TonyIce05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.