Picking up my wk tomorrow! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Picking up my wk tomorrow!

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-10-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
davidtownsend
2006 WK 

Picking up my wk tomorrow!

Finally getting the wk tomorrow. Beyond excited! It's an 06 overland edition with 84k miles. It's super clean inside and out. I'm getting it from carmax. Can't wait to get it home to wash it and wax it. I plan to lift this thing but that will be in the very far future. This will be snail slow build thread. Wish it didn't have to be. Me and my wife have some questions about it. On the pictures the rear cargo area looks like it can for another type of seating. Does anyone have any insight on this topic. Thanks for all the help!

P.S. I do own a Zj and have modded that so I know a little bit about jeeps.

Unread 08-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #2
colinzj
2006 WK 

They may have mixed up the WK pictures with some XK pictures.

The WK's only got the two rows; the cargo area is just a load floor. Part of it's reversible—one side's flat carpet, one side's raised and waterproof—but there's no more seating. Or room for more seating, for that matter, unless your passengers have no legs or necks.
Unread 08-10-2014, 10:08 PM   #3
davidtownsend
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinzj View Post

The WK's only got the two rows; the cargo area is just a load floor. Part of it's reversible—one side's flat carpet, one side's raised and waterproof—but there's no more seating. Or room for more seating, for that matter, unless your passengers have no legs or necks.
Thanks colin.

Pictures to come tomorrow. Have some ideas for this jeep. I have been going over everyone build thread and absolutely fell in love with how these things look lifted. My first order of business is to research floor mats and seat covers. The jeep has a cargo mat already.
Unread 08-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #4
davidtownsend
2006 WK 

Great! They are doing the 4 wheel drive recall. It didn't work when I test drive it so I told them. Hope it fixes it or carmax is going to fix it.
Unread 08-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #5
luckyse7ens
2010 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinzj View Post

This goes for the XK's also!

Kids fit real nice in it though.
Black WK Club #152
luckyse7ens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #6
davidtownsend
2006 WK 

Taking the wk back. Carmax has treated me and my wife like ****. They have been giving us the go around since we bought it on Monday morning. First off the service department can't complete the simple task of communication. They took the jeep to the dealership to do the simple 4 low recall and it took them 3 days to do it. While this was going on the carmax associates failed to get in contact with me to update me on any progress of the jeep that me and my wife own. After going in to complain and getting nowhere we had our father in law call the carmax since he is the one that has gotten excellent service when he bought his multiple cars from them. Then finally we get the jeep home Wednesday night and it is horrible. Spending that much money we shouldn't have to worry about cleaning it after all the troubles we went through. It was filthy. I could have bought a jeep off of craigslist that was cleaner than that one. Plus I looked in the front of the moon roof and found multicolored sponges. This is totally unacceptable. Never go to the carmax in Newark Delaware.
Unread 08-13-2014, 04:42 PM   #7
luckyse7ens
2010 XK Commander 

Sponges in the sun roof? Bet it was leaking as is typical for these. Do a search here for fixes

EDIT: Oh, "taking the WK back"...
Black WK Club #152
luckyse7ens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.