performance mods for 3.7L laredo? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > performance mods for 3.7L laredo?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
jtwkl07

performance mods for 3.7L laredo?

After going through a good number of recent threads and doing some general research I've gotten the impression that most of the wk grand cherokees that people do aftermarket work on are the Limiteds (4.7, 5.7, srt8 etc). I have a 07 Laredo 3.7L and I'd like to explore any performance based improvements out there. Can you do the same engine/performance based work on the Laredos as you can on the limiteds?

Keep in mind, the current extent of my auto knowledge is that I can change my oil/filter by myself haha. Primarily I'm interested in learning more about cars in the process of doing any future work on my jeep

jtwkl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
cntryboy_88
2008 WK 

You could throw an intake of some sort on there shouldn't be to hard...I have an 08 3.7 went to auto zone and bought a Haynes manual for $26...best money you could ever spend for not knowing much about your jeep bc it will tell you everything you need know...and screw taking it to keep to have the trans fluid "checked" and having them do it...that is possible to do yourself
cntryboy_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Ported/4.7L throttle body, JBA Liberty headers, Magnaflow catted y pipe, exhaust of your choice, air intake of your choice, Airam power wire, hypertech programmer, throttle body spacer, throttle body ground mod... sure i'm missing something

I have a modified Volant intake, 4.7L throttle body, throttle body ground mod, hypertech programmer. made a pretty good improvement over stock. going to add a flowmaster super 50 soon.
ca07wk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
jtwkl07

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryboy_88 View Post
You could throw an intake of some sort on there shouldn't be to hard...I have an 08 3.7 went to auto zone and bought a Haynes manual for $26...best money you could ever spend for not knowing much about your jeep bc it will tell you everything you need know...and screw taking it to keep to have the trans fluid "checked" and having them do it...that is possible to do yourself
I'll definitely have to run up to auto zone after work and find a copy of that Haynes manual for the jeep.
jtwkl07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.