PCV Valve of 05 3.7L WK with Picture DIY - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > PCV Valve of 05 3.7L WK with Picture DIY

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 02-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
Macguba798
2005 WK 

PCV Valve of 05 3.7L WK with Picture DIY

Did some extensive search and cannot find a good picture of 05 WK 3.7L PCV valve with DIY for beginner like me, so here it is.

Here is the parts number from the box.

Here is what it looks like.

New compared to old...the old one still have some clicks into it but it's slower because it is full of crud from years of passing crank case gasses.

PCV valve location...squigely red circle is where I disconnected it with flat tip screw driver, you can also disconnect it closer by the red arrow.

Once disconnected, turn PCV valve counter clockwise to the direction of the arrow. You have to move the AC hose out of the way to turn it.

When the end of the PCV valve is pointing downward, pull it out.

To install...allign the tab to the right push it in until you hear a CLICK.

Once clicked in you can now turn it clockwise and it will lock with bottom end facing rear of car.

Now install the short hose.

And your done.

I did mind with intake pipe off because I changed the spark plugs. Changed the oil also and the TC fluid.

I apologize if picture of ---- box is not allowed.

Macguba798 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2014, 04:04 PM   #2
lowrider_34
2010 WK 

What was the cost and where did you get it? I have a 2010 w/3.7. I had called dealership about another issue and asked for prices on plugs, PVC, serp belt and they came back with $25. AZ had 1 for somewhere under $5. Differences??
lowrider_34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #3
JRLT
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider_34 View Post
What was the cost and where did you get it? I have a 2010 w/3.7. I had called dealership about another issue and asked for prices on plugs, PVC, serp belt and they came back with $25. AZ had 1 for somewhere under $5. Differences??

2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2014, 01:46 PM   #4
tom19511
2006 WK 

Must of changed somewhere down the line. My 06 WK 3.7 looks like Macguba798's
2007 Liberty Sport 3.7
tom19511 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.