Passenger side brakes sqeeking - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Passenger side brakes sqeeking

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #1
Jhigz
2006 WK 

Passenger side brakes sqeeking

Only while rolling (not while brakes are applied).. Goes away sometimes but it's really annoying, think there's just something in there or is it time to replace something?

Figured I should ask here before I make a move. Appreciate the feedback!

06 WK

Jhigz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
06WKHEMI
2006 WK 

Check your pads usually the squeaking is a wear indicator or it could simply be a rock stuck in there
2006 Black wk overland HEMI QDII. OME HD bilstein struts with 58643 monroe load levelers RRO uca, afe cold air intake,hella 500FF behind grille, RC 1.5 wheel spacers s4xc cb antenna mount with 5ft firestik and midland 1001wx CB,265/70-17 falken rockymountain ats, pinch weld mod, door lock mod, Rola basket with 2 Hella 500 FF`s.
06WKHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #3
JRLT
2010 WK 

06? Time for new pads?
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 12:54 AM   #4
Jhigz
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLT View Post
06? Time for new pads?
Yeah 06 but I personally have only had it a year (not sure if they've been replaced at all). Is there an easy way to tell if it's wear indicator or should I just get new pads and see if it quiets them down?

Anyone have recommendations on pad types?
Unread 05-09-2012, 12:55 AM   #5
Jhigz
2006 WK 

^ I guess no harm in checking if there is something in there this weekend, if nothing's found guess I'll just try new pads (?)
Unread 05-09-2012, 01:03 AM   #6
JRLT
2010 WK 

Just pull the tire and check before you get anything new.
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #7
OhFiveHemi
2005 WK 

if you're squeeking while rolling w/o brakes, you may have a frozen caliper and may need to be replaced. and depending on how long its been doing this for you may have to replace a rotor too. but yeah, take the wheels off and see how much "meat" you have on those pads first
Blue WK Club Member #41

... | `05 WK - HEMI - QDII - Mods | ... | `07 XK - 3.7L - Stock | ...
OhFiveHemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #8
croth
2005 WK 

I was going to say wheel bearing, but theyusually growl when they start to go.
Unread 05-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
Jhigz
2006 WK 

Thanks for the input guys I'll be taking the wheels off this weekend to have a closer look ~
Unread 05-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #10
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Is it front and rear passenger or just one of them? Not uncommon for something to get wedged between the front rotor shield and the rotor.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #11
Jhigz
2006 WK 

From what I can tell it's just the front and kind of intermittent, I'll let you guys know if I find something in there ~ thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Is it front and rear passenger or just one of them? Not uncommon for something to get wedged between the front rotor shield and the rotor.

Tags
brakes , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.