Passenger/Rear vents are only blowing hot air... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Passenger/Rear vents are only blowing hot air...

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-22-2012, 07:15 AM   #1
toycam

Passenger/Rear vents are only blowing hot air...

Hey guys, I tried searching forums but wasn't really able to find much help regarding this help, though I'm sure I may have missed some. I just bought an 05 last week and it seems that the passenger seat and rear seating vents will only blow hot air (or whatever ambient temp air is, which is hot in Florida) when the AC is on. The driver seat still blows AC, albeit not as cool as I would like it. Anyone have this problem or know of a fix that doesn't involve emptying my wallet? I'm PCSing to alaska in a couple months, but I'd like to have cool air until then.

Edit- forgot to mention that I don't have the dual-zone climate control. Just the basic unit.

toycam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
imthehink
2005 WK 

Some will say the blend doors, but after tons of searching, I found a couple people with the same problem and they said they added refrigerant and fixed the problem. I obviously tried that first seeing it would eliminate the possibility. Sure enough, I added 12 0z of refrigerant and problem fixed. The ac system shuts off cold air to the pass/rear when it is low. Seems odd, but you might try that first. Before you add, check the refrigerant level.
imthehink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
toycam

I picked up a gauge and bottle of refrigerant at my local parts store and sure enough, the pressure was low. I added the whole bottle and it seemed to help out quite a bit. Hopefully it will stay working, or at least till I can make it to alaska and will no longer need AC
toycam is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.