post #16 of Old 01-16-2013, 09:23 AM
goldcrown4
2005 WK 

Ok, last night, backing up nearly into a snowbank with a metal sign, I noticed yellow lights coming on the closer I got to it, and though I was inches from the sign, the lights never turned red, nor did I ever get any audible warning at any point. Do audible indicators rely on the stereo being on? I don't remember now if the stereo was on or off during my test but IMO, there should be audible alarms regardless if the head unit is on.

post #17 of Old 01-16-2013, 09:36 AM
dsjr2006
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldcrown4
Ok, last night, backing up nearly into a snowbank with a metal sign, I noticed yellow lights coming on the closer I got to it, and though I was inches from the sign, the lights never turned red, nor did I ever get any audible warning at any point. Do audible indicators rely on the stereo being on? I don't remember now if the stereo was on or off during my test but IMO, there should be audible alarms regardless if the head unit is on.
Mine seems to have a built-in speaker that does not rely on the stereo because I have an aftermarket stereo and if I have that to high I cannot hear the audible tone. If yours never reached the red then it sounds like it's not working properly and may need to be calibrated, mine beats more frequently as I get closer to the object but does not beep initially unless there's an object within range.

'06 Limited Hemi QDII - Icon Coilovers - OME Lift w/Bilsteins - 32" 265/65R18 Goodyear Duratracs on JK Sahara 18s - Smittybilt XRC10 Comp X20 Winch

05-08 WK Service Manual PDF: http://bit.ly/VxI9z0
post #18 of Old 01-17-2013, 02:05 AM
FrenchXj
1992 XJ Cherokee 

My park assist is not working also... the message come each time I start and engage reverse... and the dash button stay illuminate...
I already cleaned all sensors... disconnect the baterry for 2 hours...no change...

What else can I do ?
post #19 of Old 01-17-2013, 10:00 AM
dsjr2006
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchXj
My park assist is not working also... the message come each time I start and engage reverse... and the dash button stay illuminate...
I already cleaned all sensors... disconnect the baterry for 2 hours...no change...

What else can I do ?
What does the message say?

'06 Limited Hemi QDII - Icon Coilovers - OME Lift w/Bilsteins - 32" 265/65R18 Goodyear Duratracs on JK Sahara 18s - Smittybilt XRC10 Comp X20 Winch

05-08 WK Service Manual PDF: http://bit.ly/VxI9z0
post #20 of Old 04-18-2013, 01:24 PM
goldcrown4
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldcrown4 View Post
I'll have to confirm if the lights come on, but of all the times I've backed up at night time, I keep thinking I'd have noticed the lights, so I'd say they don't come on at all but will be checking it out soon.
It turns out the height of my seat prevented me from seeing any lights while peering into the rear view mirror. I'm still not sure why the audible warnings didn't work during tests when I was posting this, but it is all working just fine now and has been for a few months. I plan to experiment with kids' bicycles to see how close I have to get before the warning lights come on.
post #21 of Old 02-13-2016, 12:40 PM
jeepdood88
2006 KL Cherokee 

Park Assist Sensors? Access and always going off??

I have a 2006 GC Limited, Everytime im in reverse the park assist beeps non stop and is driving me crazy! All lights are lit saying both sides? Is it a sensor issue? How do I access the sensors from underneath I dont want to take apart more than necessary and how can I fix the sensors without taking it to the dealership? Ive heard of them not beeping but mine beep all the time.
post #22 of Old 03-01-2016, 11:40 PM
dsjr2006
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdood88 View Post
I have a 2006 GC Limited, Everytime im in reverse the park assist beeps non stop and is driving me crazy! All lights are lit saying both sides? Is it a sensor issue? How do I access the sensors from underneath I dont want to take apart more than necessary and how can I fix the sensors without taking it to the dealership? Ive heard of them not beeping but mine beep all the time.
Push the button on the dash to turn it off until you can check it out. It's near the stability control button if I remember correctly.