Park Assist Not Working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Park Assist Not Working

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-16-2009, 02:24 AM   #1
Remmy
2005 WK 

Park Assist Not Working

This isnt really a case of me ignoring the search button. this is a little different.

The park assist doesnt ask for service check. The LED lights in the roof light up and never move/ change position. There is no sound from distance change either. The EVIC doesnt say its disabled either... whats going on?

Remmy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
merlinTec

Hi
will need a code to help more if the LED's just go red when you go in reverse then it's pick up a fault.
Unread 06-16-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
Remmy
2005 WK 

They dont. They are yellow. Interesting huh?
Unread 06-16-2009, 06:11 PM   #4
dwp1975
2006 XK Commander 

I have a similar issue. Is there a way to recalibrate the LEDs/sensors? Similar to how you can recalibrate the Compass.
dwp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
Remmy
2005 WK 

The only thing I can think of is just disconnecting the + terminal on the battery for half an hour but I havent tried it yet. Hell, I dont even get sound.
Unread 06-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #6
dwp1975
2006 XK Commander 

As I was out and about tonight, after I left CVS I decided to back up all the way to the other end of the parking lot and into the shrubbery and what do you know it worked. Maybe I am pulling out of my driveway too fast, as I read the manual and it said it disables if you exceed 11.4 mph
dwp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
HugeTorque

Glad to see that yours is working. I'm having a problem with mine where the EVIC is reading "Service Park Assist System.". This happens when I start the WK and shift from park to reverse with Park Assist enabled. If I then drive in reverse, the light bar will light up with 2 red LEDs on the left side and 2 on the right. No audible assistance is given either. Sensors on rear bumper appear clean. Any ideas?
HugeTorque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2009, 08:31 AM   #8
brutusjeep
2006 WK 

If your in a garage it will pick up the door jam and car next to you sometimes.
brutusjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #9
dsjr2006
2006 WK 

I know this is an old thread, but I'm in the process of purchasing a '06 WK Limited and there is an issue with the Rear Park Assist. It doesn't work at all. The light on the button is not illuminated, there are no error message and the lights on the ceiling near the window do not come on. Pressing the button on the dash, even holding it for 10 seconds does nothing. Anyone else had this issue?
dsjr2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #10
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I'm in the process of purchasing a '06 WK Limited and there is an issue with the Rear Park Assist. It doesn't work at all. The light on the button is not illuminated, there are no error message and the lights on the ceiling near the window do not come on. Pressing the button on the dash, even holding it for 10 seconds does nothing. Anyone else had this issue?

Do you know for sure that this vehicle came equipped with PARKSENSE REAR PARK ASSIST SYSTEM? It was not standard on all models.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
dsjr2006
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
Do you know for sure that this vehicle came equipped with PARKSENSE REAR PARK ASSIST SYSTEM? It was not standard on all models.
I can see the sensors on the rear bumper, there's a display on the ceiling, and the button on the dash.

Found a thread on another site that mentions possibly having the ECM reflashed so I will probably try that first. Unless anyone has any other ideas?

Last edited by dsjr2006; 05-15-2012 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: Forgot something
Unread 07-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #12
dsjr2006
2006 WK 

Quote:
I can see the sensors on the rear bumper, there's a display on the ceiling, and the button on the dash.

Found a thread on another site that mentions possibly having the ECM reflashed so I will probably try that first. Unless anyone has any other ideas?
My issue ended up being wires that had been rubbed through to the point of shorting in a wire harness near the battery area.
Unread 01-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #13
goldcrown4
2005 WK 

Quote:
My issue ended up being wires that had been rubbed through to the point of shorting in a wire harness near the battery area.
My park assist doesn't work either. I can certainly turn it off with the console button and the dash will tell me I did so, but when it's on and I'm in reverse, i hear nothing, see nothing... just like Sergeant Schultz! This is an important feature for me that I forgot to include as a pre-sale condition. I have small children and there are plenty in the neighborhood that run across everyone's driveways. Can you tell me more specifically where you found those shorted wires? A photo would be awesome.
goldcrown4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #14
dsjr2006
2006 WK 

Mine had no power at all going to it so the button did nothing. Do the overhead lights work on yours? (its the black bar over the rear cargo area, lights up with orange and red lights)

Not sure where the wires were since I did not find/fix the issue, it was taken care of by the dealer as part of the purchase.

05-08 WK Service Manual PDF: [url]http://bit.ly/VxI9z0[/url]
Unread 01-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #15
goldcrown4
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjr2006
Mine had no power at all going to it so the button did nothing. Do the overhead lights work on yours? (its the black bar over the rear cargo area, lights up with orange and red lights)

Not sure where the wires were since I did not find/fix the issue, it was taken care of by the dealer as part of the purchase.
I'll have to confirm if the lights come on, but of all the times I've backed up at night time, I keep thinking I'd have noticed the lights, so I'd say they don't come on at all but will be checking it out soon.
goldcrown4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.