P2264 - Water in Fuel Sensor Circuit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > P2264 - Water in Fuel Sensor Circuit

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 08-22-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
sshaughn
2008 WK 

P2264 - Water in Fuel Sensor Circuit

P2264 - P2264 - Water in Fuel Sensor Circuit in Fuel Sensor Circuit. Can anyone help me with I should do next. Not sure what would have caused this.

Unread 08-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
SSF556
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Maybe change out the fuel filter....could have gotten a bad tank of diesel....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
SSF556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #3
sshaughn
2008 WK 

Hmm, I'll check it out...just changed it about 2500 miles ago. I am thinking it could be linked to why my jeep is having issues starting. It all started when I plugged something into the rear power outlet?
Unread 08-22-2014, 08:25 PM   #4
Chirpz

2007 WK 

You have probably already checked the plug that plugs into the Water sensor that is located on top of the fuel filter. If not, that would be something to check.

I use my rear power regularly...can't imagine it causing a problem like this.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2014, 08:32 PM   #5
TangoTango
2008 WK 

water in fuel .. or fuel filter is over due for replacement, ... has nothing to do with an inverter.

water in fuel can be from water in the tank and you running it low, or water in fuel from where you purchased the fuel. when the fuel station runs the tanks low you can get water that way also.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2014, 08:53 PM   #6
Chirpz

2007 WK 

I get the "Water in Fuel" message on the dash every winter...now and then and only in the mornings. I used to immediately purge the filter using the bleeder that is built into it on the top....but then next morning the message would return. Never checked for codes. Starting last winter I bought a can of diesel fuel water remover and add it to the fuel every fill up... one can treats 128 gallons so don't just dump in the whole can. Seemed to cure the problem for me.

I suppose you could have a faulty sensor or damaged wiring.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2014, 11:04 PM   #7
TangoTango
2008 WK 

It's 75 in Roseville, CA .. likely not condesation today.... though it could be a bad senor.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2014, 12:26 AM   #8
sshaughn
2008 WK 

I'll check out the sensor and probably replace the filter as well. After I cleared that code then I got the service 4x4. I cleared that code as well. The jeep is now starting up as normal half the time and the other half it either cuts off as soon as turn the key to the on position or struggles to start? Thanks guys for the input.
Unread 08-23-2014, 02:06 PM   #9
sshaughn
2008 WK 

Now I am getting the service parking brake, and service 4x4 on the dash?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.