P0730 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > P0730

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
Nookie
2014 WK 

P0730

Hi Guys, thanks for the great forum. Learned a lot about my WK CRD looking around here.

Well, 1st breakdown. Pulled the Code P0730, learned from here it can be just about anything in the transmission.
Did not get any further codes past that with my own reader. so figured off to dealer we go.

I put my experience on here for future readers.

Was stuck in gear(assume 1st or 2nd) and had few hard shifts prior to things going south, then engine light, no DTC on car display. ODB II said P0730.

Dealer says 68049181AA input sensor kaput. $1200+ tax for that job.
Thoughts or input appreciated.

Doing filter, fluid same time 80K Milkes on odometer.

-Gab

Nookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
LJS8510
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

How is the transmission doing?

08 CRD @ 163,000
OME HD Lift about 3"
4xGuard Rails
Stillens
AEV Wheels 5.75 BS
JBA UCA's
GSA 255/75/17 32.1" (no bolt cut/no pinch weld)
spare 265/70/17 stock location
Lockpic, 100,000 club
LJS8510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #3
Nookie
2014 WK 

Final diagnosis:
Error p2767

68049181aa $ 624.00 connector
52108325 $ 53.35 (optional filter replacement)
fluid $ 32.73
labor $ 360.00

$1070+tax

Part was in stock so was out the door in 4hrs, which was excellent service.
If weather was good I would take a crack at it myself but it's about 0F here this week so - coooooold.
Seem like this connector can be had for around $125 online, guess I'll order a spare...from reading problably the "o" ring that failed.
I have an Innova 3100 Scanner, which did not read the P2767 Transmission code. Appearantly the 3120 model would have.

Gab

Last edited by Nookie; 02-05-2013 at 08:47 AM..
Nookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
greendiezel
2008 WK 

Yeah.. me too..

Hi

Yeah, I am in the exact same predicament. 2008 Jeep CRD kept going into limp mode with no immediate DTC's. brought it in and said it was code P2767 and that I needed to replace the conductor board inside the transmission (which houses the two speed sensors) for $800 + $300 or so for labour and a recommended fluid flush.

I opted to do the job myself and bought the replacement part from ebay for $265 + new fluid, filter and gaskets. Spent 4 hours in my shop and no problems in the replacement, but I'm still getting the same code and limp mode. Although its not the same code the dealership gave me. I keep getting the P0730 Incorrect Gear Ratio, which i'm assuming is a generic code and that my scanner isn't really good enough to pick up the specific P2767 speed sensor code.

Maybe my scan tool isn't good enough to really 'clear' the codes out of my computer either? This is my first time really using scan tools to help diagnose my problem. What a learning curve hah.
greendiezel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.