P code after superchpsi tune - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > P code after superchpsi tune

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 06-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #31
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

Frenetic1, are the codes you're getting P1128 and P1129, or are they different ones? Yes, the cheap scanners don't read fast enough but, IMO, they still give a pretty good idea of what's happening with the sensor(s). You will get slightly different readings at idle, than when cruising. The upstreams will continue cycling, but maybe not as big swings, and the downstreams will intermittantly drop below .450 mv (lean) at idle. I've seen mine sit at .75 mv for some time, but as soon as I start driving it goes back up above .450 mv, where it should be. It sounds like your description is about normal. How does it read when cruising (above idle) at almost any speed...especially say, above 45-50 mph? Then you should be getting your rapid, deep swings like you're showing above. If your downstreams are indicating like above, at cruise there is definitely a problem as, at cruise, they should be fairly stable somewhere (not that critical) above .450 mv, and not have any crosscounts....switching above and below .450 mv. Yours up around .700 is about where mine run.

If you can read all screens when cold, your before start/immediately after start voltage (I call it "parked") should be ~1.270 v, and the fuel status should show, "open loop" as soon as started. Within ~40 seconds voltage should rapidly drop, the upstreams should start cycling, and the fuel status should change to "closed loop". Not switching to closed loop in the PCM's calculated (based on engine sensor readings) time will trip the 1128-29 codes. As said, other things can cause this, but my limited experience shows the O2 sensor heaters to be the most logical cause, especially in my case, with the use of the "slow to heat" Bosch sensors. As soon as I went with the upstream NTK's, (heated/operated in ~15-20 seconds), the problem went away. I still use the Bosches downstream, but if I were buying them again, they'd all be NTK's.

06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #32
twistedlizard72
2007 WK 

Another update. I know it took a while for me to keep this going but I was out on business. Anyway, Jeep sat for 8 months with battery disconnected and fuel pump fuse pulled (fuse for anti-theft more than anything). When I returned everything started up and ran like a champ. The CEL did trigger and same P1128/1129 codes appeared, I left them there and they disappeared after a few days. Due to time constraints I took it to the dealer for an oil change and to get to the bottom of the problem hoping it would fall under warranty. Because the CEL wasn't reporting anything and the vehicle was in Open loop they couldn't track it and diagnose. Best thing was they didn't charge me for the troubleshooting time( which was $105!! My warranty expires in February of 2013 and I will be gone again for business here soon so I may just have to change the things myself. Questioning whether to continue the Warranty or not. I think I've only driven maybe 2000 miles this year.....if that.

WANTED: Steel Armadillo Sliders/Rock rails.
twistedlizard72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.