Opinions on Monroe Load Levelers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Opinions on Monroe Load Levelers

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
silentj
2006 XK Commander 

Opinions on Monroe Load Levelers

I'm thinking about getting a set of Monroe Load levers for my Commander. Looking at these for more of softer less rigid ride. What are some opinions and what is the normal cost for these?

06' XK 3.7 - RC 2" Lift | Hypertech Max Energy 52001 | Bilstein HD Front & Rear Shocks | Hankook DynaPro ATM 255/70R18 | 18" Sahara wheels | Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers | Rola Basket | Smittybilt D-ring Tow Hitch | 4XGuard Matrix | Hella 500's
silentj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Bullitt1680
2006 WK 

I bought some and never ended up installing them. I heard good things from several people on this forum though. They are usually around $100 dollars depending on where you look. I have a new set for sale if you end up wanting to get some.
Silver WK Club #44
Bullitt1680 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
mattydipps
2006 WK 

my ride kind of stiffened up after my mll install...
Unread 09-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentj View Post
Looking at these for more of softer less rigid ride.
You're looking in the wrong place. Anything that adds load capacity is going to stiffen the ride.
Unread 09-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
Hunterdad
2005 WK 

Definitely stiffens the ride. But, are well worth it.

Quan ao tre em xuat khau Do lot nu Chan goi so sinh Chup anh cho be Quan ao nu Vest cong so Vest cong so
Unread 09-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
silentj
2006 XK Commander 

I have the Rusty's 2" lift rear shock now and the rear is getting a loud bang when hitting larger bumps. Its almost as if the jeep is bottom out on the bump stop.
06' XK 3.7 - RC 2" Lift | Hypertech Max Energy 52001 | Bilstein HD Front & Rear Shocks | Hankook DynaPro ATM 255/70R18 | 18" Sahara wheels | Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers | Rola Basket | Smittybilt D-ring Tow Hitch | 4XGuard Matrix | Hella 500's
Unread 09-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #7
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentj
I have the Rusty's 2" lift rear shock now and the rear is getting a loud bang when hitting larger bumps. Its almost as if the jeep is bottom out on the bump stop.
Check to make sure your springs aren't upside down.... Mine were and had the same problem
Unread 09-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #8
silentj
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
Check to make sure your springs aren't upside down.... Mine were and had the same problem
Would you happen to have a pic of what the spring should look like? I cant find a pic anywhere.
Unread 09-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #9
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:

Would you happen to have a pic of what the spring should look like? I cant find a pic anywhere.
They really look the same exact way there's no indication of up and down on stock springs so a pic wouldn't do justice but make sure the top of the spring is flush against the spacer..... I actually had to rotate one of my springs so the top of the spring was easily flush on the spacer or bump stop or what have you lol I can get you a picture of what I'm talking about but your gonna hVe to wait until tomorrow
Unread 09-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #10
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:

The sound your hearing almost sounds like taking a sledge and hitting the bottom of the truck when you hit a bump the certain way right???
Unread 09-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #11
silentj
2006 XK Commander 

It sounds exactly like that. I can wait for the pics, no real rush. In the meantime, I'll check the seating of the springs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.