Opinions on Exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Opinions on Exhaust

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-20-2011, 07:22 AM   #1
ItsMeKO3
2007 JK Wrangler 

Opinions on Exhaust

So I've decided that I want my Jeep to roar a little louder. I've never had any work done in regards to exhaust on my previous vehicles, so I'm not real sure what to look at, and what to stay away from. It's not really in my budget for a full system, so I'm thinking about looking for just a muffler. One of my buddies told me to go with a Cherry Bomb Glasspack, thoughts? He has one on his truck and it sounds alright. I don't want anything that's super loud, and def. not anything that's going to sound like a ricer. I've only got the 3.7, and I've heard this may play into consideration compared to the larger motors. Just looking for a little input and a few opinions. Thanks guys.

Unread 05-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #2
2008JGC

I got flow master super 44 series on my 3.7 I believe got it done by a local muffler shop.... It Sousa good
2008JGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
07silverjgc
2007 WK 

I have a Borla Turbo series muffler on my 3.7 and it sounds pretty good. It is not too loud on the highway and has a nice sound when you get high in the RPM range.

My previous experience with Cherry Bomb products is they tend to be a bit to loud on the highway...but that is just my opinion.

I have heard good things about Flow Master, but have no personal experience with their products.
07silverjgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
caw
2006 WK 

I just put a Thrush welded muffler on my 3.7 GC today and it sounds really good. Has a nice rumble at idle, it has some drone inside but it isn't over bearing. Check out you tube and type in 3.7 Grand Cherokee Trush welded muffler and there are a couple of video clips. You can get the muffle for $40 from Advance Auto.
caw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #5
2005jgclimited
2005 WK 

Have a magna flow 11226 welded in and left the stock resonator has a very nice sound now with almost zero drone.
2005jgclimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #6
stryker221982
2005 WK 

I just ordered the dynomax ultra flow welded kit. ill let you know how it sounds. looks like a nice kit for not to bad of a price.
stryker221982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.