Omelet's LED Rock Lights - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's LED Rock Lights

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #16
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
isnt there 3m on the back of those?
Yes there is. The ties are for back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumzo1 View Post
Holy cow that is really cool, and very cost effective too!

Good Job!
Ya! I am very happy that they worked out so well. Saved me a lot of money over the pod LEDs. It is hard to beat $40!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #17
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Nicely done sir! That looks fantastic!
'05 WK Limited QDII, Superlift 6", Bilstein struts,315/70/17 Duratracs, Gibson CB, Volant CAI, JBA UCA's, JKS quick disco, adj. Rear trac bar, 4xguard armor, Diablosport Intune, Xenondepot 6000k HID's, Putco Jet yellow fogs.
mrtosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 12:15 AM   #18
08Hemiwk

1) Do you have any left over? Id definitely be interested in doing something similar and offsetting both our costs a little. If not could u provide a link to the ones u bought?

2) Regarding that switch panel you have. Does it fit on models with the stupid pedal controller that moves the pedals closer or more far away (as if thats really a huge issue on an automatic but whatever). I like it and I've seen it on a bunch of rigs but while im thinking about it i thought to ask.

Id love to use those to illuminate the back of my truck and behind it so i can delete those reverse lights
08Hemiwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 06:28 AM   #19
BonesWK
2006 WK 

sweet mod, and awesome for those on a budget. thanks for sharing as always omelet
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #20
CoreyZ
2012 JK Wrangler 

Really nice lights man... well done!
Colorado Jeep Club member #217
CoreyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #21
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Hemiwk View Post
1) Do you have any left over? Id definitely be interested in doing something similar and offsetting both our costs a little. If not could u provide a link to the ones u bought?
I do have some left, but not enough for a second job. It is only about 30-40". I posted a link in my first post to where I got them from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Hemiwk View Post
2) Regarding that switch panel you have. Does it fit on models with the stupid pedal controller that moves the pedals closer or more far away (as if thats really a huge issue on an automatic but whatever). I like it and I've seen it on a bunch of rigs but while im thinking about it i thought to ask.
The switch panel is made by Saguaro 4x Components. I am not sure if they make one that leaves room for that switch in the later WKs, but you could contact them and I am sure they would love to make one for you.

http://www.saguaro4xcomponents.com/i...products_id=56

Unread 07-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #22
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtosh View Post
Nicely done sir! That looks fantastic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesWK View Post
sweet mod, and awesome for those on a budget. thanks for sharing as always omelet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyZ View Post
Really nice lights man... well done!
Thanks Guys!

They are not only Rock light but also Work lights! They will come in handy if I ever need to do repairs at night. That alone is worth the time and money!

Unread 07-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #23
CmmdrDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
Thanks Guys!

They are not only Rock light but also Work lights! They will come in handy if I ever need to do repairs at night. That alone is worth the time and money!
That was my first thought. Get a flat(knock on wood) in the middle on the night. Just flick the switch and you can see everything. Good job sir.
CmmdrDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #24
08Hemiwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
I do have some left, but not enough for a second job. It is only about 30-40". I posted a link in my first post to where I got them from.

The switch panel is made by Saguaro 4x Components. I am not sure if they make one that leaves room for that switch in the later WKs, but you could contact them and I am sure they would love to make one for you.

http://www.saguaro4xcomponents.com/i...products_id=56
Ty sir. I think I'm gonna order me some of those this week
Unread 07-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #25
LelandGray
2005 WK 

Wow, that's awesome! Well done!
Silver WK Club Member #11
LelandGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #26
stanton3
2007 WK 

Nice work man! Looks good, and man those are pretty bright for that cheap!
2007 WK 4x4 | OME HD 3" Lift | OME Shocks front + rear | 265/70/17 BFG All Terrains | 1.25" Wheel Spacers on stock wheels | Saguaro4xcomponents 5/8" Front recovery shackles | Aries Taillight Guards | PIAA 510 fogs in stock location | Midland 1001z Cb | Mopar Rear recovery hook | Rola Roof Rack |2 Hella 500ffs mounted behind grill | Firestick 3' Antenna | Saguaro Antenna Mount | Front Bumper Cut/Fender Trim | OEM Front suspension skid | 4xguard Front skid | Rusty's .5" Front Spacer | Lots more to come

[SIZE="3"]Want to buy: 4xguard Rear Guard[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/stanton3s-build-wk-1134656/"]My Build[/URL][/SIZE]

[B][COLOR="Gray"]
[SIZE="3"][URL="http://wrjeepclub.com/"]Warner Robins Jeep Club[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
stanton3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 05:37 PM   #27
08Hemiwk

Are these bright enough to make reverse lights out of? Or make a single 3 foot wide light bar?
08 WK Hemi: 4" Superlift, 305/55/20 Terra Grapplers, 20x9 KMC Misfits, Superchip, AirRaid Intake, Custom Exhaust, Custom Toolbox Mount, 4xG Rear Diff Guard, JKS Quick Disconnect, Rola Rack, KC Daylighters
Unread 07-30-2011, 05:46 PM   #28
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I don't think so. There is nothing to focus the light so they really have no range. They are designed to be wide angle (120 degrees ). 2-4' is probably it for decent light coverage.

Unread 07-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #29
08Hemiwk

That sucks.
08 WK Hemi: 4" Superlift, 305/55/20 Terra Grapplers, 20x9 KMC Misfits, Superchip, AirRaid Intake, Custom Exhaust, Custom Toolbox Mount, 4xG Rear Diff Guard, JKS Quick Disconnect, Rola Rack, KC Daylighters
Unread 07-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #30
-cAcHe-
1996 ZJ 

I also used these lights for the interior and exterior.. They work great and they are really bright.
Here are some pics from when i was installing them inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWK View Post
I like happy endings :2thumbsup:
RIP Troy Edwards (bigbluezj94)
-cAcHe- is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.