Omelet's Headlamp Project! - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Headlamp Project!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #136
etp

Sweet! I may give baking them a go tonight!

Also, did you glue the LEDs in place or just use the tale backing?

05 Laredo WK - 3.7L QT1 - OME HD 3" - 245/75/17 Goodyear Wrangler Authorities - Graphite MOAB Rims - 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers - K&N 77 CAI - SCT Tuner w/ 93 Octane - Fastman TB - Magnaflow Exhaust - Infinity Kappa Speakers w/JVC KDR-820BT
etp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #137
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I used hot glue. Just be careful because I think the heat is what cause a few of the LEDs to quite working. My kids were kind of killing each other right when I was glueing one of the strips on and in my distracted rush I got one of them a little too hot

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #138
ghosthound
2006 WK 

Projectors

where did you buy them and how much
ghosthound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #139
ghosthound
2006 WK 

Projectors

Omelete, your Jeep is sweet and I'm going to be doing the Headlamp upgrade too, do you have the parts numbers for those projectors you got from mopar and what came with them. Thanks bud
ghosthound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 03:22 AM   #140
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Here you go They are the projectors from the factory Mopar(Valeo) headlamps. If I remember correctly these came out of a charger.

Unread 09-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #141
94jeepman
Jager93

2005 WK 

whats the difference between the 08+ headlights and 05
KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 01:56 AM   #142
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jeepman
whats the difference between the 08+ headlights and 05
If you're referring to the above post then you are talking about stock halogen to HID, but if you are wanting to know the difference in the headlight housings then you need to pay close attention to the difference in the bumpers of the 08 and 05. The 08+ headlights are curved with the bumper on the bottom edge, whereas the 05-07 has a flat bottom edge that matches it's bumper. Also you have to modify the tabs.
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:13 AM   #143
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thanks bro!

Except I'm not aware of any tabs that need modding.

Unread 09-11-2013, 03:56 AM   #144
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Thanks bro!

Except I'm not aware of any tabs that need modding.
Oh, I thought u mentioned one of the tabs was different... Oh well.
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #145
Choo_31

Just curious...what was wrong with the projectors that came with the headlamp assembly? Where they cheap and junky or just a personal preference?
Choo_31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #146
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I didn't personally try them before swapping them out, but I have seen some shots that others have taken and received feedback from them on beam quality. I was convinced that if I could find an OEM set for a good price then I would go for them. And in all honesty the OEM projectors really aren't that fantastic either. One of these days I plan to swap some better ones in. Ideally I'd love to get some bi-xenon projectors in the lows and highs

Unread 09-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #147
Choo_31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
I didn't personally try them before swapping them out, but I have seen some shots that others have taken and received feedback from them on beam quality. I was convinced that if I could find an OEM set for a good price then I would go for them. And in all honesty the OEM projectors really aren't that fantastic either. One of these days I plan to swap some better ones in. Ideally I'd love to get some bi-xenon projectors in the lows and highs
Thanks for the info. I'm planning on tackling a retrofit on my new wk. I did a retrofit on my last XJ. Just trying to gather some info before I dive in.

I ran the Morimoto mini d2s 2.0 in my XJ and was pleased with the results.
Choo_31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #148
tibo4wd
2008 WK 

Incredible job man! Really shows the level of passion and commitment you have!
tibo4wd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 01:27 AM   #149
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thanks a lot bud! Stay tuned because these will be getting a face lift when I get home

Unread 11-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #150
94jeepman
Jager93

2005 WK 

Are projectors just a housing you put a bulb in or is it the bulb?
I don't know much about the projectors. And I'm trying to decide whether to do projectors or hids
KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.