Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 97 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 10-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #1441
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanD07 View Post
Hey omelet, any advice on installing the rustys adj trac bar before I do it?
Be sure to have a strong ratchet strap. You will need it to realign the axle when installing the track bar.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #1442
JordanD07
2007 WK 

Thanks! Also, do you think a fully aired 255/75/17 in the stock spare rub the rustys track bar? I saw that you just aired your spare down after it rubbed the stock bar but I don't have a compressor on board.
'07 3.7 4x4 QT1 ll Red WK Club #27 ll OME ll Monroe LL ll Rusty's ll ProComp ll BFG ll 4xGuard ll S4XC ll VLEDS ll Infinity ll Thrush ll Riddler ll 6K HID
JordanD07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #1443
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I aired it down because it wouldn't have fit otherwise. Depending on what specific tire you are trying to fit in there, it might work.

Unread 10-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #1444
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I got a spare front drive shaft in the mail today!

Unread 10-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #1445
06WKHEMI
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
I got a spare front drive shaft in the mail today!
Did daves recent mishap make you decide to get one lol
2006 Black wk overland HEMI QDII. OME HD bilstein struts with 58643 monroe load levelers RRO uca, afe cold air intake,hella 500FF behind grille, RC 1.5 wheel spacers s4xc cb antenna mount with 5ft firestik and midland 1001wx CB,265/70-17 falken rockymountain ats, pinch weld mod, door lock mod, Rola basket with 2 Hella 500 FF`s.
06WKHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #1446
Jtav2012
2005 WK 

Just wanted to say this thread makes me wish I had more money left over after purchasing my own WK. I'll definitely be back here for reference, everything in here is beautiful.
Jtav2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #1447
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06WKHEMI
Did daves recent mishap make you decide to get one lol
Haha, yep! I figured I carry spare half shafts so I should have spare drive shafts too. Plus the rubber boot on mine is ripped and needs replacing. So I can pull mine and install this one while I rebuild the other. Here soon I would like to get a couple of custom front and rear shafts make that will hold up against off road abuse better, and get rid of the weak CV joint on the front shaft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtav2012
Just wanted to say this thread makes me wish I had more money left over after purchasing my own WK. I'll definitely be back here for reference, everything in here is beautiful.
Thanks a lot bud! I didn't have much modding money at first either. It just takes time. I have been building this one for about 3 1/2 years now. In case you didn't notice already I have a table of content in my first post. That should help you find specific things I have done.

Unread 10-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #1448
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Did you have any problem making the bulldog work with the 05 Hemi? I noticed the website said 06 and newer. Also, how do you like it?

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #1449
theducttapegod

Posting to post, I read the thread.
theducttapegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #1450
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Did you have any problem making the bulldog work with the 05 Hemi? I noticed the website said 06 and newer. Also, how do you like it?
Nope it works just fine! I have noticed a lot of companies think the WK ran from 06-10 for some reason. The only thing it didn't have that I was wanting was trans temp, but I plan to instal a pyro kit for that. I found the pyro kit on Amazon for $150, so once it is time to drop the pan and service the trans it will go in. The eco feature is kind of fun. You can keep a close eye one your fuel efficiency for those times when you care

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducttapegod View Post
Posting to post, I read the thread.
Wow, the whole thing? In one sitting?! Thanks for taking the time. I hope you got some good ideas and possibly inspiration to transform your own Jeep

Unread 10-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #1451
Hefe811

Quote:

Nope it works just fine! I have noticed a lot of companies think the WK ran from 06-10 for some reason. The only thing it didn't have that I was wanting was trans temp, but I plan to instal a pyro kit for that. I found the pyro kit on Amazon for $150, so once it is time to drop the pan and service the trans it will go in. The eco feature is kind of fun. You can keep a close eye one your fuel efficiency for those times when you care

Wow, the whole thing? In one sitting?! Thanks for taking the time. I hope you got some good ideas and possibly inspiration to transform your own Jeep
I sat in one sitting too at 4am in the desert. Kept my mind busy. I'm trying to find the gauge pillars. You know of a way to find one under $150? Are they all off of the SRT or is there an aftermarket? Last q... What drives the "ORT". Is that Off-Road technology? Haven't seen anything other than your badges. I saw where you had them made.
Hefe811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #1452
Hefe811

Quote:

Last bully dog q.... What was your instant change in MPG. I'm Pcs'ing and trying to use this as my excuse to purchase with the wife...over a 2000 mile drive with a uhaul trailer. 12 mpg isn't a good stat to sport in this drive...
Hefe811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #1453
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Sorry to bring up an old mod, but did you have any issues intalling the 1 1/4" wheel spacers? Just wanted to make sure the stock wheel studs arent to long.
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #1454
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe811
I sat in one sitting too at 4am in the desert. Kept my mind busy. I'm trying to find the gauge pillars. You know of a way to find one under $150? Are they all off of the SRT or is there an aftermarket? Last q... What drives the "ORT". Is that Off-Road technology? Haven't seen anything other than your badges. I saw where you had them made.
The pillar pod is an aftermarket piece, they didn't come stock in any WK. Check eBay that is where I got mine. ORT (Off Road Technology) was something that showed up at SEMA some years back only their logo design sucked. So I had a buddy take the SRT logo and make it ORT for me. First I made some stickers with it and then I sent the design to RebagdeDesign to have Nate make me some of his awesome badges. He made me a set of carbon fiber ORT8 badges and some resin ORT badges which I haven't used yet. If you are looking to get some shoot him an email. There are several guys running them now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe811
Last bully dog q.... What was your instant change in MPG. I'm Pcs'ing and trying to use this as my excuse to purchase with the wife...over a 2000 mile drive with a uhaul trailer. 12 mpg isn't a good stat to sport in this drive...
The BullyDog is only a monitoring device on the WK. The unit can also be used for custom tunes, but I'm not sure anyone does it for us. I use the SuperChips Flashpaq for all my programming needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk
Sorry to bring up an old mod, but did you have any issues intalling the 1 1/4" wheel spacers? Just wanted to make sure the stock wheel studs arent to long.
The 1 1/4" spacers worked fine, its not until you get down to a 1" spacer that you might have issues with the stock lugs. I say might because at that point it comes down to what wheel you are using. Some of the OEM wheels (like the Moabs) have a recess in the mounting face where the lugs can protrude into.

Unread 10-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #1455
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Awesome! Thanks!

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.