Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 95 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #1411
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

If we are going to ask ? What do you do to afford all this I saw a tach vest in one of your pictures. Id guess boarder patrol. Also have been meaning to ask you is the bison your DD or do u have a beater for commuting? Btw where are the pics for the new mod ?

sent while driving my wk

Unread 10-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #1412
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutWK View Post
shipping would be cheaper if you cut it into quarters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquey View Post
So I've read up to page 30 and no one has asked, so I will. How does your wife let you buy all the goodies? Mine would have revoked my privileges after page 4 or 5. Ha. Awesome build thread and awesome machine. That skid you fabbed up is wicked.
Well you see she knew what she was getting herself into. We have known each other since high school when I had an 88 Samurai, nothing major just a few mods to better enjoy the mountains where wee lived. Then out of high school I bought a 91 XJ which is when the never ending mods began! That is what we had when we got married. It was an awesome get away vehical at our wedding too! Nothing like pulling around an XJ with an 8" lift and 35" tire for your bride to hop into and drive off in SO she has always known Jeeps are one of my biggest hobbies and I love having something to work on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
If we are going to ask ? What do you do to afford all this I saw a tach vest in one of your pictures. Id guess boarder patrol. Also have been meaning to ask you is the bison your DD or do u have a beater for commuting? Btw where are the pics for the new mod ?
sent while driving my wk
I am actually in the Navy! I have the privileged of playing with things that go BOOM all day I really don't make that much, we just live a relatively simple life. The Bison is the family DD, but we also have an 02 Saturn for my commuter. It is a gutless, bare bones, little thing, but we bought it from a friend when it was only a few years old with 40k miles on it for $3k! So it was paid off the day we bought it and it gets 40mpg and costs basically nothing in up keep. Everyday I love to hate it!

The new mod is still not finished I hit a snag that I haven't had time to resolve yet. Between work, kids costumes, and projects for other people I have been too busy to finish. Hopefully tomorrow!

I guess in the mean time here are some parts of up coming mods:

^^^Just a few of the smaller ones, I also have a few much larger mods in the near future

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #1413
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Sorry but the dd question drove me crazy. And i know what u mean we had my youngest first birthday today and all the upcoming holidays. I got a few little mods id like to do.

sent while driving my wk
Unread 10-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #1414
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Ya my wife has been great about this Jeep. Before we bought it I told her after the XJ all I was planning to do was a 2" lift with 31s. And a few years later here I am! I have a few mods in the near future to make it a little more road friendly such as getting some AT tires, sound proofing, and some more comfy seats (SRT style!).

Unread 10-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #1415
BobG97
2005 WK 

I've been on the hunt for a set of tan leather SRT seats. If you come across a set for a decent price and don't buy them for yourself please keep me in mind.

We drove a 2010 SRT8 that my buddy is trying to con me into buying, I don't care for the rig because most of what we do is offroad, but the seats were awesome and it ran decent!
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #1416
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure all they made was grey and black SRT seats. I don't care what I get because I will get them reupholstered in saddle brown with ORT stitched in! At least that's the plan as of now.

Unread 10-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #1417
BobG97
2005 WK 

That would explain why I can't find any lol! I've not done much searching, but every time I have to call a junkyard for something else I always ask. That's the bad part about small towns, most of our junk yards don't have much of a selection.
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #1418
twinscrews
2003 WJ 

Happy belated 237th man. You a MA?
twinscrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #1419
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Haha no way!!! I said playing with things that go boom not, not driving around pulling people over just to be a dick

Unread 10-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #1420
twinscrews
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Haha no way!!! I said playing with things that go boom not, not driving around pulling people over just to be a dick
Haha I must of missed that part. I just read what you said to my MA friend he is still rolling. I feel like I know your rate since you make things go boom
twinscrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #1421
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

My wife is slowing starting to accept the mods. We've been together since the day I got it. And my jeep was also the get away vehicle for our wedding too! Even though they tried to bedazzle it...
Unread 10-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #1422
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Crazy people! You NEVER bedazzle a Jeep!!! Way to put your foot down.

Unread 10-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #1423
ablaydes
2003 WJ 

I can see it now "Omelet's Build Thread (aka Bedazzled Bison)!
03' Jeep WJ|4x4 select-trac|Kolaks "Magic Setup"|OME HDS|Bilsteins 5100's|3/4 spacers front|Moog STB SS|Zone 3" sway links|Homebrewed quick Disco's|17" Moabs|32" BFG's KM's|Hella 500ff's|Rear Oem receiver|Front custom tow Points|Smittybilt receiver 3/4 D-ring|Limited headlights and Grille|

My Build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ablaydes-wj-build-thread-1382113/[/url]

ROLL TIDE ROLL ! ! !

Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said...I'm too drunk to taste this chicken !
ablaydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #1424
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Haha, no way!!!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using JeepForum

Unread 10-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #1425
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Today I finally finished one of my many unfinished projects!!!

A few weeks ago I picked up a dual gauge pillar pod from a guy on eBay for $100. I have had my BullyDog WatchDog come loose and flop about a few times because of the windshield mount it was on. I figured this was a great fix!

I looked around for a suitable paint solution to match my interior. At first I was looking for a light tan color that would match the stock pillar, but didn't find one. I did however find a brown that turned out to match quite nicely! So I started painting:

2 coats of adhesion promoter:

3 coats of primer:

4 coats of Rust-Oleum Hammered paint:

Not a perfect match but it is pretty close and I couldn't ask for more!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using JeepForum

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.