Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 92 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 09-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #1366
Dasko
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet

That sounds like a plan. If you are going with the OME lift then just get the full kit (shocks and coils). Especially if it will be your DD, the ride quality of the kit is very impressive. My wife loved the Jeep in it's stock form, but after I installed the lift she LOVED it so much more. And I had to agree! They did a perfect job tuning the coils and shocks to work together. Shoot Kolak a PM when you are ready to order, he has the best price and his customer service is second to none
I completely agree I've ordered from him before for my WJ and he most definitely came through for what I needed even when the bilstines were on back order.

YEEPmobile

2001 WJ- SOLD

[QUOTE=mrJ]It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.[/QUOTE][/CENTER]
Dasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #1367
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Ok a few guys have been asking for more info on the trimming I did to my front bumper, so here you go!

First I had a basic idea of where I wanted to cut. I wanted to try to keep it as clean as possible and not have it looking goofy or hacked up. So I applied some painters tape to the areas I was wanting to cut. Then using a sharpie I marked exactly where I was going to cut. I used a dremel with a plastic cut off wheel to do the cutting. Lastly I used a sand paper tip on the dremel to smooth out the freshly cut edges.

Straight on from the front:

Straight on from the side:

And looking up under both sides:

You can see the washer fluid bottle, but I had previously painted it flat black so it blended in better. So it is visible and does hang down slightly, but your eyes are not drawn to it and it doesn't really stick out enough to clip a rock. When I painted it I left a strip from top to bottom unpainted so that I could still see the level.

You can cut the sides up higher like Jay did if you'd like. I only went up as high as I did because the ballast for my fogs are bolted right behind there.

I hope this has helped! Let me know if you need anymore help.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #1368
ryanlamb00
2005 WK 

have you been doing daily driving without the wheel wells?
ryanlamb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #1369
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Haha yep, ever since I put the 295s on last year! I always meant to trim them up so they would clear better, just never got around to doing it. I really need to though, I am pretty sure gas mileage is better with them in and I know there is less road noise with them and the insulation in. After I originally did the pinch weld the 255s and 285s were fine, but after the 295s went in they needed a little attention. After the 35s I needed to smash the PW in about another inch for them to clear. So now I need to get a new set of liners and get to modding!

Unread 09-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #1370
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Very nice on the trim, clean cut, smooth edges, and straight lines. That band-aide is really funny too
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #1371
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thanks a lot bud! Having the corners trimmed has really helped with clearance! Since the bumper trim I haven't scraped it up off road like I used to. And the band-aid is still one of my favorite mods

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using JeepForum

Unread 09-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #1372
DRCracker
"The Grizz"

2006 WK 

Nate, what type of spray on bedliner did you use on your SA sliders?

Thanks,
TC
Dark Khaki 2011 #9104 Wheels, Firestone Destination A/T 265/70/17's.
OME HD lift. Dark Khaki Matrix Brush Guard, Dark Khaki Painted Headlight Bezels.
Hemi Club #65 // Khaki WK Club #40
DRCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #1373
onlyone
2014 JK Wrangler 

The band-aid is awesome.
Unread 09-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #1374
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCracker
Nate, what type of spray on bedliner did you use on your SA sliders?

Thanks,
TC
I use the Dupli-Color Bed Armor. I have tried the Rust-Oleum stuff but didn't like it. It is usually about $10 a can and can be found at most auto parts stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyone
The band-aid is awesome.
Yes I happen to agree!

Unread 09-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #1375
DRCracker
"The Grizz"

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
I use the Dupli-Color Bed Armor. I have tried the Rust-Oleum stuff but didn't like it. It is usually about $10 a can and can be found at most auto parts stores.
How many cans do you think I will need to do the sliders?

Thanks,
TC
Dark Khaki 2011 #9104 Wheels, Firestone Destination A/T 265/70/17's.
OME HD lift. Dark Khaki Matrix Brush Guard, Dark Khaki Painted Headlight Bezels.
Hemi Club #65 // Khaki WK Club #40
DRCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #1376
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I don't remember for sure, it was 2 or 3. I would get three and if you don't use it then you will have one for touch up later!

Unread 09-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #1377
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

So a few weeks back the cover on my rock light switch broke off. I took the opportunity to check out OTRATTW's new switch covers and see if they were any better. Once I got the new cover I compared it to the old.

Old on the left and new on the right:

It appears to be a little more hardy than the old cover. Anyone who has used this type of switch for a while knows the cover will easily break loose if whacked. The clips that hold the cover to the switch look to be slightly thicker and the clear plastic seems harder and less brittle compared to the blue plastic.

Time will tell whether or not these last longer. In the mean time I also ordered their "Passenger Eject" cover for the switch that currently has no purpose and their "Tiki Mask" cover which will probably find it's way into the rear. I have already received a few inquiries from some concerned passengers

I now plan to place another order to replace the rest of my switch covers

Unread 09-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #1378
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Quote:
I have already received a few inquiries from some concerned passengers
bhawks28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #1379
oducks12
2005 WK 

I recognize those switches! haha. I was thinking about getting the tiki face too, I just have NO clue what I would use it for. Maybe for wiring up some christmas lights for the holidays?
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="1"][CENTER]Silver WK Club Member #35 | 2005 WK 3.7 Laredo | Hypertech 52001 programmer | K&N Intake | Magnaflow 50 series muffler | Navigation | Rola rack | 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill | 2 KC Daylighters on roof | ARB on board air compressor | 265 70 17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's | Pinch weld and rear fender trim | Spidertrax 1.5" spacers | expanded metal grill | LED stack lights | Monroe LL shocks | Bilstein HD struts | Rough Country 2" lift | Kenwood amp w/ two Alpine type R 10" subs[/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][SIZE="2"]See How It Was Made [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/oducks-build-thread-1385731/"][B][COLOR="Black"]HERE[/COLOR][/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]
oducks12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #1380
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Quote:
As you might have noticed I also got a set of Stillen rotors on sale from Kolak. I love these things! I only got the rotors, because the Mopar pads that the dealer had put on were still new. Even with just a rotor swap I felt a noticeable braking improvement! These really helped make up for the extra weight and rolling resistance.

I know this was a while ago but I just got my lift and tires put on and I have noticed a serious drop in braking performance. Will the Stillen rotors help with this? And if you don't mind me asking, how much will they set me back if I decide to grab a set in the future?

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.