Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 91 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 09-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #1351
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

He he he!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #1352
oducks12
2005 WK 

You need to add some pinstripes to the mirrors to make it match!

Seriously though it looks great!
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="1"][CENTER]Silver WK Club Member #35 | 2005 WK 3.7 Laredo | Hypertech 52001 programmer | K&N Intake | Magnaflow 50 series muffler | Navigation | Rola rack | 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill | 2 KC Daylighters on roof | ARB on board air compressor | 265 70 17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's | Pinch weld and rear fender trim | Spidertrax 1.5" spacers | expanded metal grill | LED stack lights | Monroe LL shocks | Bilstein HD struts | Rough Country 2" lift | Kenwood amp w/ two Alpine type R 10" subs[/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][SIZE="2"]See How It Was Made [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/oducks-build-thread-1385731/"][B][COLOR="Black"]HERE[/COLOR][/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]
oducks12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #1353
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Hahaha! I plan to get another set of chrome covers and bedline then. That way when I go wheeling I can strap them on to protect the pretty Scratch Free paint.

Unread 09-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #1354
jjt250
2007 WK 

Is that aluminum for custom skids? I remember you talking about making some awhile ago. Very interested!
Unread 09-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #1355
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

After getting the front Asfir skid I was making one to go with it. Then I got the SL and had to scrap the plan. This one will be similar but will cover more.

Unread 09-03-2012, 01:02 AM   #1356
jjt250
2007 WK 

Sounds awesome! How are you gonna make it? Are you gonna do it yourself?
Unread 09-03-2012, 01:21 AM   #1357
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Thought so
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #1358
dumbtrucker
2008 WK 

I'm planning on painting all my door and bumper trim. What adhesion promoter and primed did you use?
dumbtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #1359
Static83
2014 JK Wrangler 

Front skid plate?
Unread 09-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #1360
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbtrucker View Post
I'm planning on painting all my door and bumper trim. What adhesion promoter and primed did you use?
I like to get most of my stuff from here:

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static83 View Post
Front skid plate?
Yep! It will be similar to my earlier design, but slightly different to cover more.

Unread 09-05-2012, 02:52 AM   #1361
Dasko
2001 WJ 

I just want to go ahead and say thank you Nathan for getting me hooked on a WK. Last night i made my addiction become a reality and i bought an 05 WK 5.7L with only 60K on the clock. Thanks Omelet!!!!
forumrunner_20120905_013221.jpeg  

2001 WJ- SOLD

[QUOTE=mrJ]It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.[/QUOTE][/CENTER]
Dasko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #1362
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thats awesome man, congrats! So what are your plans for it?

Unread 09-06-2012, 02:27 AM   #1363
Dasko
2001 WJ 

I'm thinking a OME lift, some bilstines, 31/32's maybe and an assortment of mods from your thread. It's going to be my DD and am going to use the WJ as a weekend project....for now.

YEEPmobile

2001 WJ- SOLD

[QUOTE=mrJ]It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.[/QUOTE][/CENTER]
Dasko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #1364
BobG97
2005 WK 

Nathan, I'm picking up my WK from the bodyshop tomorrow (repairing all the major deer damage except front bumper) I'm thinking that I am staying with the 05 bumper because it doesn't look like the 08 is as flexible with the lower valance/skid plate options. And advice before I make an order? I like how you cut down your front bumper cover, I may go that route, just not sure and thought I would ask your advice before jumping into it! Also, personal preference on a skid for the transmission, rocker guards, and are you happy with your super winch?
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #1365
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasko View Post
I'm thinking a OME lift, some bilstines, 31/32's maybe and an assortment of mods from your thread. It's going to be my DD and am going to use the WJ as a weekend project....for now.

YEEPmobile
That sounds like a plan. If you are going with the OME lift then just get the full kit (shocks and coils). Especially if it will be your DD, the ride quality of the kit is very impressive. My wife loved the Jeep in it's stock form, but after I installed the lift she LOVED it so much more. And I had to agree! They did a perfect job tuning the coils and shocks to work together. Shoot Kolak a PM when you are ready to order, he has the best price and his customer service is second to none

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97 View Post
Nathan, I'm picking up my WK from the bodyshop tomorrow (repairing all the major deer damage except front bumper) I'm thinking that I am staying with the 05 bumper because it doesn't look like the 08 is as flexible with the lower valance/skid plate options. And advice before I make an order? I like how you cut down your front bumper cover, I may go that route, just not sure and thought I would ask your advice before jumping into it! Also, personal preference on a skid for the transmission, rocker guards, and are you happy with your super winch?
Well personally I would go with the 05-07 bumper especially if you plan to trim it. The newer 08+ bumpers are more streamline and I think look better, but the 05 bumper works better for trimming. You can trim the corners like I did and still have it be a decent looking bumper, plus you can keep the factory fogs in place. You can't do the same with the 08 bumper. If you want to trim it the fogs go bye bye.

-Sorry I just remembered there was more to the question As of right now the only two companies making a tranny/belly skid is 4xG and Asfir. The asfir is definitely lighter, but doesn't cover the passenger side cat. This is something they are now aware of so we will see if they decide to change the design (there is a lot of factors about that situation I wont get into right now). The 4xG skid will be the heavier of the two and it covers all the essentials. Unfortunately under heavy abuse it will bend and you will have to remove it and message it back into shape. They are aware of this issue and as of right now, doesn't sound like they plan to fix it. Now, The Steel Armadillo has a new tranny/belly skid that will be coming out here soon that appears to be a better design! The problem is that it isn't actually out yet so if you need one now, then it isn't an option. But if you can waite a little bit then it might be the better one to get. Granted it has only been tested by Jon the owner (there might have been another tester but I am not positive). Now having said that it has so far survived the abuse under his XK where the 4xG did not.

As for the winch, I love it and it has great reviews which is why I got it, but I have not had to use it yet. I don't do much of any mudding and most of the wheeling I do is good ole dirt, rock, and the occasional sandy trail. The QD2 system coupled with great tires and my superior driving skills has proven to be a potent mix and has not yet made me use the winch. I am sure I will soon as I continue to find more difficult trails to conquer!

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.