Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 89 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 08-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #1321
Medic80
2005 WK 

Pwefff, finally finished reading the entire thread Definitly helped pass the downtime on shift between calls.

Your WK truely is a beast!!!

You have a lot of great ideas both big and small but they all make for a one of a kind vehicle. I will be applying 1 or 2 of them to my own project.

Keep them coming

Medic80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #1322
geoffh
2005 WK 

Where did you get your antenna at Omelet?
geoffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #1323
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oducks12 View Post
You need to go find a stocker parked next to a bb, so we can get a side by side by side comparison!
That will be difficult to accomplish there aren't many lifted WKs around these parts. My best bet will be to hook up with one of the guys here in SoCal that I know and go stocking together to or from a trail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
what kind of rear shocks are on that WK with a BB?

They looked to be Ranchos, one of there adjustable ones.

That taco is huge- they running 35s as well?
Yes, except I was running my 33s in that pic not my 35s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic80 View Post
I cant believe i didnt think of this!!! Ive been looking to upgrade my 05 headunit to a NAV touch screen with USB/3.5mm. This is a perfect short term solution
Ya it has worked well all these years. The VES can be a little glitchy at times though. A standard $2 3.5mm headphone plug to a right/left RCA plug will also work and would probably be cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic80 View Post
Pwefff, finally finished reading the entire thread Definitly helped pass the downtime on shift between calls.

Your WK truely is a beast!!!

You have a lot of great ideas both big and small but they all make for a one of a kind vehicle. I will be applying 1 or 2 of them to my own project.

Keep them coming
Thanks bud I'm glad I was able to give you a couple usefull ideas for your own. Be sure to post up you progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffh View Post
I got it from a guy on JG who made it himself. I am not sure he is making them anymore though. I gave a couple guys his email reccently and they had no luck.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #1324
Medic80
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffh View Post
Is this kinda what ur lookin for?

http://www.saguaro4xcomponents.com/i...hh75n7ijl3u4t0
Medic80 | EMT~Paramedic | 05 WK Laredo - Black Crystal Pearl | Blacked Out | 4.7L | QTII | DVD | 1.5" RC Spacers | Black 17" JK RUBICON MOAB's (Powder Coated) | 255/65/17 COOPER Discoverer AT3's | 10000K Xenon HID's | JF Black WK Club Member #79 | CJA Member | Pavement Princess |
Unread 08-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #1325
06WKHEMI
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic80
No he I think he means the shorty stock antenna for the radio
2006 Black wk overland HEMI QDII. OME HD bilstein struts with 58643 monroe load levelers RRO uca, afe cold air intake,hella 500FF behind grille, RC 1.5 wheel spacers s4xc cb antenna mount with 5ft firestik and midland 1001wx CB,265/70-17 falken rockymountain ats, pinch weld mod, door lock mod, Rola basket with 2 Hella 500 FF`s.
06WKHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #1326
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06WKHEMI

No I think he means the shorty stock antenna for the radio
That's what I assumed as well.

So I was doing a little browsing today and saw this

That is a sexy looking WK!

On another note this is post #4000!!!

Unread 08-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #1327
geoffh
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06WKHEMI View Post
No he I think he means the shorty stock antenna for the radio
Yeah I was looking for the stock replacement antenna.
geoffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #1328
KarpyDiem
2005 WK 

Hey Omelet, I know it was a long time ago, but do you know what the model number of the Taylor spark plug wire kit you got was? I was having a hard time finding it. I just picked up the standard set from Summit, but it was definitely different.
KarpyDiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #1329
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I believe I used the 82641 which is the blue set. Black is 82041 and red is 82241.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Taylor/895/826...oductId=878545

Unread 08-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #1330
JeepinPenguin
2008 WK 

This build thread makes me wanna sell my TJ and pick up a WK soooooo bad! this thing is sweet brother. keep it up!
JeepinPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #1331
KarpyDiem
2005 WK 

Hey, thanks! I'll see if they'll let me exchange the set I picked up for those. Any idea how that setup works without messing up the order of the spark plugs firing?
KarpyDiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #1332
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinPenguin
This build thread makes me wanna sell my TJ and pick up a WK soooooo bad! this thing is sweet brother. keep it up!
Thanks a lot bud! A WK is much more capable than most give them credit for. Grab a QD2 equipped one and give it a lift with larger tires and it just goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarpyDiem
Hey, thanks! I'll see if they'll let me exchange the set I picked up for those. Any idea how that setup works without messing up the order of the spark plugs firing?
Cool man,glad I could help! The shorties basically fire both plugs at the same time instead of have a primary then secondary blast. You shouldn't notice any difference in operation unless your old wires are toast, then they will make a nice upgrade.

Unread 08-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #1333
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I enjoyed lounging in the Bison the other night watching movies on my new Infinity! I used the VES to enjoy more dynamic sound When you have to sit in your Jeep for 6 hours, this isn't a bad way to go!

Unread 08-30-2012, 06:32 AM   #1334
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

And why did you have to sit in your Jeep for six hours?
Nice cap of Natalie, btw.
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #1335
Medic80
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
I enjoyed lounging in the Bison the other night watching movies on my new Infinity! I used the VES to enjoy more dynamic sound When you have to sit in your Jeep for 6 hours, this isn't a bad way to go!

After reading your build thread I also use the VES as a AUX input.

You have lots of great mod ideas and it seems like you are pretty meticulous when it comes to fit and finish. Have you ever looked into a mod that would eliminate wires running along the console and having the VES cover flipped open all the time? Have you ever removed the VES unit? Does it have RCA ports in the back?
Medic80 | EMT~Paramedic | 05 WK Laredo - Black Crystal Pearl | Blacked Out | 4.7L | QTII | DVD | 1.5" RC Spacers | Black 17" JK RUBICON MOAB's (Powder Coated) | 255/65/17 COOPER Discoverer AT3's | 10000K Xenon HID's | JF Black WK Club Member #79 | CJA Member | Pavement Princess |

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.