Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 87 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 08-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #1291
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

So I started wrapping my steering wheel with 550 cord but decided I didn't like it. The sides of my wheel were the worst parts. I was trying to find a clean way to wrap all the way around instead of just doing the top, but it wasn't happening. I didn't want to leave gaps especially on the sides where the wheel looked the worst. So I gave up I was trying to buy some time until I could get over to an upholstery shop, but I have been living with a nasty wheel for this long so another month or so won't hurt

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #1292
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Guess there are times when having a non-leather steering wheel is nice. Id still take a leather steering wheel. I don't even know what to call mine haha. Plastic?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 04:58 AM   #1293
Budasac
2005 WK 

Damn Nate, gotta ease back on the Kung Fu grip when driving. That wheel is beat down.

I actually put a cover over my leather wheel when the Jeep was 1 week old. I have big hands and the steering wheel is just too thin.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #1294
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Haha ya! It has been gradually getting worse for a couple of years now. I have just been too lazy to get it redone. I would have thrown a cover on it by now, but I can't stand the feeling of one. I like a solid wheel without any flimsiness to it. Awhile back I was at 4WP getting some stuff and a couple of the employies there came out to check out the Jeep and noticed the wheel. One of them said, "Wow that sucks, but you know why it does that though, right?" I was thinking no way this guys knows what caused this so I said, "No, what?" And he said, "Well that's what happens when you take a $45K vehicle and mod it the way you have and then take it on the trails that you do! You tend to grip the wheel a little too tight!" Bahahaha! All I could do was laugh!

Unread 08-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #1295
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

So over the past couple of days I have spent my free time doing a little work on this thread. If you look at the first post I have gone through and listed all the mods I have done, pretty much in order. And the best part is, for your convenience I have made them all hyperlinks! This way if you are trying to find something I have done you don't have to sift through all 87 pages to find it!

Unread 08-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #1296
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Only 82 mods?? Not that impressive

(kidding)

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #1297
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I know, I know, and that is if I didn't skip over any of them as I went through the thread

I found the Jeep parking at Ikea today!

Unread 08-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #1298
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

My steering wheel looked like yours when I bought it, but now looks brand new thanks to ColorGlo...you should check to see if they have any technicians near you...they fixed mine for only $100 along with touching up the seats a little where the previous owner had car seats
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #1299
06WKHEMI
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
I know, I know, and that is if I didn't skip over any of them as I went through the thread

I found the Jeep parking at Ikea today!
That's sad that you make that wrangler look small lol
2006 Black wk overland HEMI QDII. OME HD bilstein struts with 58643 monroe load levelers RRO uca, afe cold air intake,hella 500FF behind grille, RC 1.5 wheel spacers s4xc cb antenna mount with 5ft firestik and midland 1001wx CB,265/70-17 falken rockymountain ats, pinch weld mod, door lock mod, Rola basket with 2 Hella 500 FF`s.
06WKHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #1300
K9SAR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Omelet,

Officially new to this forum but have been lurking for awhile :-). Like you, I saw the AEV/ Superlift build and was inspired to recently buy a 2006 Grand Cherokee Overland. Thanks for adding the hyperlinks for your build that I will be stealing most of my mods from :-)
K9SAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #1301
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu
My steering wheel looked like yours when I bought it, but now looks brand new thanks to ColorGlo...you should check to see if they have any technicians near you...they fixed mine for only $100 along with touching up the seats a little where the previous owner had car seats
I actually found an upholstery place I just need to find the time to take it in and decide to spend the money. I will look into ColorGlo though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06WKHEMI
That's sad that you make that wrangler look small lol
Ya it was well equipped though. A nice small lift with 33s and lots of goodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9SAR
Hey Omelet,

Officially new to this forum but have been lurking for awhile :-). Like you, I saw the AEV/ Superlift build and was inspired to recently buy a 2006 Grand Cherokee Overland. Thanks for adding the hyperlinks for your build that I will be stealing most of my mods from :-)
Awesome man, good luck with the build! Be sure to keep us updated as you go.

I got these fancy light locks today! Not sure if they will work, but they are for the 42" bar. We will see!

Unread 08-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #1302
onlyone
2014 JK Wrangler 

I've been around here a while. I have never seen a thread this well done in all this time. Very nice Omelet! Very nice.
Unread 08-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #1303
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thanks you very much! It has been a lot of work and was a long time coming, but it is finally manageable

Unread 08-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #1304
06WKHEMI
2006 WK 

Hey nate did you install those light locks? How exactly do they work do they have a key of some kind? How do ya like em?
2006 Black wk overland HEMI QDII. OME HD bilstein struts with 58643 monroe load levelers RRO uca, afe cold air intake,hella 500FF behind grille, RC 1.5 wheel spacers s4xc cb antenna mount with 5ft firestik and midland 1001wx CB,265/70-17 falken rockymountain ats, pinch weld mod, door lock mod, Rola basket with 2 Hella 500 FF`s.
06WKHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 01:35 AM   #1305
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Haha I have been too busy to even open them yet! I am hoping to get to ten tomorrow, but we will see. I am still not even sure they will work, I might need to fab my own locking system. But yes they require a type of lug key.

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.