Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 83 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #1231
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Well I don't have any Vision X lights, but I do have a 20" and D2s from Rigid to compare it to. I wish I could compare output and beam pattern between it and a 40" from Rigid because that would be a lot more of a fair comparison. From what I have read from guys who have seen a head to head comparison between RI, TL, and BD, they all through a ridiculous amount of light. The big difference here is PRICE!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #1232
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I finally got around to putting my puny street tires back on today! I have been running the 35s for about a month now without swapping them out. Originally I planned to only swap the 35s on when I was going to hit a trail then swap to the Nittos when I got back home. Well I have been wheeling so much this past month I didn't want to waist so much time swapping tires so I just left them on. Long story short, my wife is now thrilled

I forgot how good the graphite wheels looked!

Unread 06-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #1233
Schwo
2005 WK 

Looks great. Are those your 33"s?

Black '05 WK Hemi & '76 CJ5 AMC 304 V8

[COLOR="DarkRed"]WK Build Thread: [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/schwos-wk-build-1364837/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/schwos-wk-build-1364837/[/URL][/COLOR]
Schwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #1234
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Yep! Cute little things aren't they I am either going to run them until they wear out and then replace them with a set of WildPeaks, or I might sell them and buy a set of WildPeaks. Basically now that I have a designated off road set I don't need these and at this point would prefer a more road friendly set. Even though the Nittos are great for a DD tire they are still no AT, and that is something that would make the wife happy after everything I have done to this thing

Unread 06-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #1235
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Yep! Cute little things aren't they I am either going to run them until they wear out and then replace them with a set of WildPeaks, or I might sell them and buy a set of WildPeaks. Basically now that I have a designated off road set I don't need these and at this point would prefer a more road friendly set. Even though the Nittos are great for a DD tire they are still no AT, and that is something that would make the wife happy after everything I have done to this thing
Bwhahaha!

Oh, and nothing on my Jeep makes the missus happy , best of luck with that!
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #1236
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Nate, i went back through your build thread and i had a question- how did you remove the plastic trim on your rockers? looked like you removed that trim when you installed your rocker guards?
Unread 06-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #1237
apower1105
2007 WK 

Awesome rig!! I've just went through all 83 pages since yesterday, started yesterday at work and finished this morning. It was like a book that I couldn't put down and I don't read books so I imagine that's what it is like lol. Lets just say I haven't been very productive at work since I started reading your thread. I just bought my first Jeep ( 2007 WK 3.7L bone stock) back in March, kind of bummed about the 3.7L but i was in sticky situation with my old car and had to get into something QUICK. But I can't wait to get started with mods and thanks to you my list just got twice as long lol.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with next.
apower1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #1238
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thanks a lot bud! You made a great decision on your first Jeep. The 3.7L is a little guy but with some mods it will be a good engine for you. I am glad my build has given you some ideas for your own and has inspired you to mod! Enjoy and be sure to share your progress.

Unread 06-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #1239
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I did a little stocking today at work! I found a WK in the parking lot that looks exactly like mine did a few years ago. It made for a great comparison.

I also remembered I had the missing piece to the Bison sitting in the back of the XJ all this time

Unread 06-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #1240
06WKHEMI
2006 WK 

Nice!!!!
2006 Black wk overland HEMI QDII. OME HD bilstein struts with 58643 monroe load levelers RRO uca, afe cold air intake,hella 500FF behind grille, RC 1.5 wheel spacers s4xc cb antenna mount with 5ft firestik and midland 1001wx CB,265/70-17 falken rockymountain ats, pinch weld mod, door lock mod, Rola basket with 2 Hella 500 FF`s.
06WKHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #1241
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

i'm diggin the horns!
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #1242
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Haha thanks guys! I thought it would be funny but the horns are definitely not staying. It takes the rugged but classy look and throws it out the window

Unread 06-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #1243
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

33's looking wee-little, huh? Don't I wish...........

Lookin good, Omelet!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #1244
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Haha thanks guys! I thought it would be funny but the horns are definitely not staying. It takes the rugged but classy look and throws it out the window
Here, in the great nation of Texas, horns on the front of a vehicle is normal!

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #1245
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Yes that is where I got them from! My mom and her family live in Texas. I love that state, so much better than Cali!

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.