So I always loved the the Gobi Stealth rack, but there was no way I was going to be able to afford or justify a $1300 rack. At least not until I had finished just about everything else I wanted to do. So I wanted it, but knew I would probably never get it. That is until I heard the terrible news that ZigsRig had sold his WK for an H1 Alpha and had a few goodies he pulled off to sell. I ended up scoring his entire rack, light, and wiring setup for $700!!! Once I received it, it was on the same day. This thing is Awesome! The craftsmanship and fit is top notch and it looks perfect on top of the WK.
The 4 forward facing lights are Hella FF75s in the spot pattern and the rear 2 are flood pattern. Not what I would have picked, but I wasn't about to drop $1K on a light when these will do for now. He also gave me his Blue Sea Fuse Black (5025). It is a very good quality unit that I would recommend to any body looking for an auxiliary box.
I procrastinated long enough and it was now time to paint my wheels. Unfortunately I think I deleted the pics of the project in progress, but I have the finished pics.
I didn't want to just paint the whole wheel. I was going for something a little different than what most have done. First I masked off the five pockets, sanded down the face of the wheel, then I sprayed 2 coats of adhesion promoter, 3 coats of primer, 5 coats of base, then I unmasked it, and gave the entire wheel 6 coats of clear. They turned out really good. I have scraped up the bead a little since then, but for the most part they still look great!
In my search to try and get the headlights to look more like round Jeep headlights, I noticed that the forward facing turn signal was screwing it up. When the headlights are on, the lower half of the light is amber. So the lights don't quite look round. I really didn't like that. I didn't want to put chrome or clear bulbs in because I still wanted to turns to light up amber when I was turning. So my only option was LED flashbacks/switchbacks. I picked up some cheap off eBay and through them in. After I noticed they weren't working properly I wired in some resistors.