Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 77 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 06-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #1141
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Ya I hope so! I have to modify the rack in order for it to work, so we will see.
What all are you going to have to do? Is it going to sit where the other ones are now, or is it going to sit on top of the basket?

2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #1142
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

It will be sitting where the Hellas are now, but to accomplish this I have to modify the rack. It was originally made for the FF75s so it was designed to fit them perfectly. That is one of the awesome things about Gobi, they will design the rack around whatever lights you want to run!

The Bison is looking a little naked right about now!

I haven't seen it without the rack for quite some time. It looks weird! Definitely more sleek and aerodynamic though.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #1143
deweezy
2005 WK 

Totally looks like a matchbox car right now
deweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #1144
chuber1994
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I would give anything to have your grand.... I need something newer that actually runs. The xj just isn't doing it anymore...
Jeep Forum
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/white-goddess-1304456/"]Build Thread[/URL] - More Recent
chuber1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #1145
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweezy
Totally looks like a matchbox car right now
I was thinking the same thing! It looks funny because I am not used to seeing it without a rack. It's good though, just not as rugged looking and a little plain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuber1994
I would give anything to have your grand.... I need something newer that actually runs. The xj just isn't doing it anymore...
Thanks man! I was in the same boat a few years ago.

Unread 06-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #1146
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Here's a few more of the plain beast! It finally gave me a chance to scrub the roof really good which was much needed. Before the rack goes back on I think I will clay bar it and apply a few good coats of wax.

On another note, the Bison turned over 100,000 miles on the way home from the airport yesterday! Still runs like a freaking beast too

Unread 06-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #1147
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

If you are going to do a full detail. I'd recommend using meguirs ultimate compound to get out all your scratches!

Worked really well for me when I had some pin stripes.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #1148
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Actually I am only planning on giving the roof some love to help protect it until the next time I pull the rack off. I only clay bar and wax the whole thing a few times a year and I never buff it. There is really be point, it gets custom pin striping every time I go out. I try to avoid larger branches or brush that would really dig into the paint. So far everything is only in the clear coat which I am good with. If I buffed it after every trip I would have no clear coat left by now

Unread 06-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #1149
deweezy
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Actually I am only planning on giving the roof some love to help protect it until the next time I pull the rack off. I only clay bar and wax the whole thing a few times a year and I never buff it. There is really be point, it gets custom pin striping every time I go out. I try to avoid larger branches or brush that would really dig into the paint. So far everything is only in the clear coat which I am good with. If I buffed it after every trip I would have no clear coat left by now
Just Plastidip the roof!
Unread 06-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #1150
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Plastidip is something I am not a huge fan of. I have thought about getting it rapped though!

Unread 06-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #1151
deweezy
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Plastidip is something I am not a huge fan of. I have thought about getting it rapped though!
A nice vinyl wrap would look good, you can get them fairly thick too so it would be good protection. Plastidip is just poor man's wrapping hahaha
Unread 06-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #1152
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Yeah... I saw some of your pictures of the actual Jeep, not HDR'd and saw the pinstripping and it just is what it is. Maybe some of that clear plastic wrap to put on the paint sides?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #1153
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I have thought about getting all the scratches buffed out and then getting the side covered in a clear rap. That way the rap would get scratched and then ones a year I would get it re-rapped. Not sure how much that would cost though?

Unread 06-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #1154
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

If i wheeled like you did, aka, all the time. Id invest in something like that. I am kind of over the top of my paint. There isnt a day where it rains and the water isnt rolling off there so fast from all the wax on it.

I wouldnt know where to start other then google on prices etc.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #1155
Budasac
2005 WK 

I don't know what that would cost, but those clear bras are amazing. I've seen cars with 80,000 miles on them and the front end still looks perfect. It's surprisingly durable. I know you can get the stuff in rolls too. Could always try installing it yourself. Just like one big huge decal.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.