Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 61 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Iron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCKZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-20-2012, 06:31 AM   #901
xOakley
2005 WK 

Haha omelet when you started modding the wk I bet you would have never guessed it would be as big as the xj one day!

xOakley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #902
OhFiveHemi
2005 WK 

oh my goodness. awesome comparison shots.

great work.
Blue WK Club Member #41

... | `05 WK - HEMI - QDII - Mods | ... | `07 XK - 3.7L - Stock | ...
OhFiveHemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #903
05WKinPA
2005 WK 

Its funny it took so long to find one to do side by sides. WK's are literally a dime a dozen around here. Must make yours stand out even more!
Unread 04-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #904
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOakley View Post
Haha omelet when you started modding the wk I bet you would have never guessed it would be as big as the xj one day!
I wanted to but I had to start off slow. The didn't want another beastly Jeep to drive around everyday. And now even though they look similar height, the WK is easier to get in and out. The XJ has a lot more undercarriage clearance and the bottom of the door sill is a couple inches higher compared to the WK. Plus I wont be rolling on the 35s all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhFiveHemi View Post
oh my goodness. awesome comparison shots.

great work.
Thanks bud! All my stocking finally paid off

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05WKinPA View Post
Its funny it took so long to find one to do side by sides. WK's are literally a dime a dozen around here. Must make yours stand out even more!
Well same here. They are everywhere! It is finding one parked (with no one in it ) and room around it to park and take good pics that was a challenge. We pulled up next to one the other day that was in a perfect spot for comparison pics, but once I was beside him realized some one was inside still

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #905
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

I can't seem to find the section where you installed the ARB compressor. Any idea what post it is?

Very, very nice btw.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #906
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

It starts here:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/o...l#post12799256

Unread 04-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #907
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I haven't had a chance to upload these until now. On Thursday after finishing up changing the fluid in the front diff (which is a little more difficult now with the SL crossmember) I took the fam out for a late afternoon ride.

I found a pile of rocks where I was finally able to flex this thing out to the max!

At full stuff in the rear I still have some wiggle room. So as I was hoping I get to chop down these massive 4" bumpstop extensions. I think I will go 1/2" at a time until I can stuff a tire like I used to be able to. What sucks is having to remove the coils to get to the bumpstops. Also once I swap put the 11" rear shocks for a set of 12" I will has more down travel which would have kept the tire on the ground in those shots. I am looking for a good deal now. I found a guy in LA with a brand newish set who wanted $300, bit they were the wrong valving. I really want to find a set with blue parts like I have now, but that might be hard since all the ones they have made for the past year or more have been black. So let me know if anyone finds some please!!!

Unread 04-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #908
Drakensberg
2006 WK 

This has been an incredible read Sir. Well done, your rig definitely commands respect.
Unread 04-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #909
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Nice flex Nate! Was that with both sways connected? The front diff should be easier now with the SL drop. If you look right above the crossmember you'll see the fill plug. I use a spout with a 5/8" plastic tube and squirt it home.
'05 WK Limited QDII, Superlift 6", Bilstein struts,315/70/17 Duratracs, Gibson CB, Volant CAI, JBA UCA's, JKS quick disco, adj. Rear trac bar, 4xguard armor, Diablosport Intune, Xenondepot 6000k HID's, Putco Jet yellow fogs.
mrtosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #910
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakensberg
This has been an incredible read Sir. Well done, your rig definitely commands respect.
Thanks a lot bud! It has been a really fun build with plenty more to come

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtosh
Nice flex Nate! Was that with both sways connected? The front diff should be easier now with the SL drop. If you look right above the crossmember you'll see the fill plug. I use a spout with a 5/8" plastic tube and squirt it home.
The rear was connected but I am not running the sway bar up front. It seems to be a very nice combo. I still want to get my JKS quicker disconnects back into the rear.

The front is easier to fill now, but the fill plug is more difficult to reach with a wrench. Before I was able to reach and work the allen from below, but now the crossmember interferes and I have to come from the top with it. Not sure that makes sense without seeing it. I will grab a pic or two I was thinking that for the next service I world cut a 1" piece off the allen and use an end wrench. Then I can reach from the bottom.

Unread 04-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #911
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Nice! Yeah I use a 14mm Allen headed socket and use a 14mm or 9/16" open end wrench to loosen it. Have you undone some of the rear ELSD diff waiting yet? I've disco'd it a couple quick connectors and its still kinda tight when flexed.
'05 WK Limited QDII, Superlift 6", Bilstein struts,315/70/17 Duratracs, Gibson CB, Volant CAI, JBA UCA's, JKS quick disco, adj. Rear trac bar, 4xguard armor, Diablosport Intune, Xenondepot 6000k HID's, Putco Jet yellow fogs.
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #912
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Not sure what you are asking? Have I disconnected the rear sway?

On another note, does anyone know the PN for the isolator bushing on the front of the diff, you know the more expensive one that bolts on?

Unread 04-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #913
Northwoods18
2005 WK 

Great looking shots as always!

For the P/N I believe it is: 52114354AA - I just ordered one from http://www.justforjeeps.com/fraxmobr.html last week, hopefully gets rid of the clunk!
Unread 04-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #914
mrtosh
2005 WK 

I'm talking about the wiring to the ELSD connector on the rear diff.
Unread 04-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #915
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Hey Nate, how did you take the antenna mount off when you put your stripes on?

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.