Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 59 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiBushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 04-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #871
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Oh ya, this is happening!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #872
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Oh ya, this is happening!
Awww yeah
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #873
JeepMDHemi
2005 WK 

man its going to look great!!!
Unread 04-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #874
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!

Unfortunately Discount Tire was not able to unseat the Champion so I will be heading to a specialty place next to get the last one done.

Unread 04-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #875
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Well the place was closed so I only have 4 of them ready for now. But that's enough for a rolling set!

Rear tires on:

Front tires on:

And here she is!

I also weighed my two sets. The 295 Nittos on the Moabs weighed in at 92lbs. The new 35" BFGs on the Moabs weighed in at 88lbs. A Moab wheel by it's self weighed 23lbs.

Unread 04-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #876
BobG97
2005 WK 

Very nice!
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #877
JeepinShep

2007 WK 

You need one or two of these ...

2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 03:54 AM   #878
USN_BlackWK
FLY NAVY

2010 WK 

Very nice! Those wheels really set it off. Does the handling feel much different with the larger tires?
USN_BlackWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 05:15 AM   #879
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

looks awesome, dude.
Unread 04-15-2012, 05:17 AM   #880
cmdrjim
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Well the place was closed so I only have 4 of them ready for now. But that's enough for a rolling set!

And here she is!

Nice looking WK!

Does the 6" lift include an adjustable track arm and longer rear control arms? It would be nice if you could move the rear axle back some to center up the wheels in the wheel wells. Any issues with the rear tires getting into the front of the rear wheel wells?
Unread 04-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #881
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Looks sick man!
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #882
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

I was going to ask about the take-off and stopping and general drive quality with the 35's but it sounds like you actually cut down some of your unsprung weight.

Jeep looks really good! You gotta try and get a side by side with a stocker.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #883
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97 View Post
Very nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
looks awesome, dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
Looks sick man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinShep View Post
You need one or two of these ...

Thanks a lot guys! Tom that is a good one, haven't seen that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USN_BlackWK View Post
Very nice! Those wheels really set it off. Does the handling feel much different with the larger tires?
Not yet, but again I only drove it down the street a couple blocks last night. I will report back when I get back from my drive later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrjim View Post
Nice looking WK!

Does the 6" lift include an adjustable track arm and longer rear control arms? It would be nice if you could move the rear axle back some to center up the wheels in the wheel wells. Any issues with the rear tires getting into the front of the rear wheel wells?
It is actually just the newly revised 4" SL kit. I had a Rusty's adjustable track bar before that I am still using with the kit. The new kit comes with rear LCAs instead of the drop bracket anchors that it did before. I plan to get or make some rear upper and lower arms that are adjustable with flex joints soon. Even though the rear tires favor the front of the wheel well at ride height, the arc of travel centers the tire at full stuff which is when you want it centered. If you pushed the axle back so the tires are centered at ride height, then when they are stuffed they would hit the rear of the fender before they reached the top of there arc. If that makes sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
I was going to ask about the take-off and stopping and general drive quality with the 35's but it sounds like you actually cut down some of your unsprung weight.

Jeep looks really good! You gotta try and get a side by side with a stocker.
Ya these have a larger diameter by a couple inches (about an inch radius) but because of the construction difference between the two, these are lighter. I will have a better review when I get home later Its funny you should bring up a comparison pic! When I drove down to the store last night, I was scouring the parking lot for a stocker and my wife asked what I was doing I didn't see one though.

Unread 04-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #884
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Well it has been a few months since I have been out at my local proving grounds and unfortunately most of it has been grated. I know the boarder patrol uses most of the trails to get around so it makes sense. It is just disappointing for those who like to go out there to do some mild wheeling. I didn't make it to all my favorite spots to see if they got to them, but the closest ones to me are now goes. It does make it so you can fly from place to place a lot faster though I did find some rocks to climb up on and test the front so it wasn't a complete waist. There wasn't anything big or difficult enough to flex the rear so I could see where the bumpstops engage though. Here are some of the shots:

I did notice that the tires rub some at full stuff and right at full lock, so I will be doing a little more massaging to the pinch weld

This was at full stuff. You can see the bumpstop smashed in the strut. The joints still have a little more to go till they are maxed so I might try trimming the bumpstops. There is obviously plenty of room to go till the tire hits the fender lip so that wont be a problem. One of these days I plan to take the bumpstops completely out and instal air bumps to have superior control. That will have to wait for now though.

And these tire they are awesome! At least at speed on loose gravel and dirt roads. I didn't get to do any slow rock wheeling except for climbing up onto those rocks which they did without slipping or any trouble. But they sure do give a guy confidence in the corners at speed! Not that I am surprised since they are obviously race tires

Unread 04-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #885
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I finally got the last dirt cut tire mounted up! This one is definitely the best looking one with all the lettering intact.

I have my HiLift mounted to the back of the rear seat. So I took the spare and strapped it there too. It's not permanent just my temporary fix until I find time to get my rear carrier built.

And a little more playing around

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.